Is it OK to call guys?

All right men, it has been a long time since I was in the dating scene. I am getting mixed messages, is it OK to take the initiative to call men? I don't want to be a pest. How do I know you don't want us to call you?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I give a girl my number I'd hope they'd use it, what other reason do I have to give it out? If you do some backwards roundabout way of getting their number from someone else you're playing with fire and should definitely at least be on familiar and friendly terms with the person before even trying to call, or you're probably just going to freak th em out.

It is definitely OK to call men as a woman, in fact I wish more women would get out there and pursue the men of their interest, it would make for a lot less traffic on forums like these, and a lot less confusion for everyone.

The best way to know if you want this particular guy to call him is to call him. If you're well received, which you should be, since he gave you his number, he wanted you to call. If it crashes and burns he probably didn't want you to call and wasn't right in the head when he gave you the number, or you got his number from a roundabout way and that's not okay with him.

• Thanks so much for the response! My calls are well received and we usually talk for 1-2 hours when I do call but he never takes the initiative to call me. Way back when. . .in the dating scene. . . that was taboo to call the guy. I will enjoy the new found rules to play by!

What Guys Said 4

• If I gave you my number, use it when you would use any other social number (not during the deep of night or early morning). If you don't call, I might simply think you lost interest and were taking a obvious exit. Telepathy doesn't work either ways so I guess that we will just have to talk to each other.

• Why wouldn't we want you to call us?

I think most guys like it when women take initiative, lets us know that you may be reciprocating our feelings. I can't see how I could find someone that I'm interested in dating, a pest when they try to communicate with me. That maybe just me tho.

• personally if I liked you enough to try and exchange numbers, then yeah I would love for you to call me. shows I'm not the only one interested... but that's if I approached you first, which usually is always the case.

if you apporached me first, usually if I didn't want you to call id either say no, or do a soft lie, and tell you I already had a gf. but some guys would just give you there number and not pick up, or have any intentions of calling you back.

• Yeah it's OK for a woman to call a guy. We're not mind readers, we need clues.

If we don't want to talk, we won't pick up.

Just my personal opinion.

What Girls Said 1

• It is OK to call a guy first because guys are not a mind reader. But if you have to call the guys or text the guys first all the time then they're not really interested in you. I think all the guys here would agree that if they like the girl, they would try to contact the girl too.