What is the dating culture like in northern Europe?

I am brazilian and living in Amsterdam. I have had romantic interactions with a few northern european guys (dutch, norwegian, swiss) and wanted to know what is the dating culture like in north european countries generally speaking. So, for example:
- Is it ok for a girl to make a move on kissing a guy, asking him out or texting first? If I sense a guy is interested, I have no problem doing any of those, but I'm afraid of looking too easy or something.
- How soon do people usually sleep together? If I have sex on the second date, will I be seen as not girlfriend material?
- Is it true that if you're with the same person just a few times, you are almost boyfriend and girlfriend and you shouldn't see other people?

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in Sweden. A lot of us are shy compared to others, not all but a good portion are people-shy. As in, we don't sit or talk to each other on the bus unless we're good friends etc. Those are just social norms though. All guys love it when girls initiate conversations. A female texting first is no problem. It has happened to me several times and I love it every time.
    As for sex, we're pretty open. Like people have casual sex if they want to and they're not frowned upon. I know people who's been in a relationship for almost a year now after sleeping on the second date. That being said, I'm a teen and we almost always have a "talking phase" before doing anything else. As for the last question I'm not that sure. Just because you hang out together doesn't necessarily mean you're a couple. I'd say that happens after sex most of the time. Like for me as an 18 year old this is usually what it looks like: Meet a girl at some social event---> Contact via text or snapchat for a while ---> meet up and go do something or just hang out---> like each other enough to have sex etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Custom is that boys make the moves however times are changing and it's ok for us girls to ask. The part about sleeping together is really upto you and your date!

What Guys Said 10

• Interesting question. I don't know the answer though, but according to what I read here every day and to the other answers... não acho que vai ser tão diferente do que a gente vê aqui no Brasil ;)

• I'd say yes on the first and last questions (OK to initiate things, serious dating should be exclusive) - though I'm about as far as it gets from an expert on that!

• Frosty

• Dr is werkelijk geen reet aan

• I dont live there but I've heard they are a little more shy and dont really approach or randomly hit on girls as much.

Maybe it would be good for you to make the move if you see a guy you are into, or at least start a conversation with him

• Sainsbury's Basics Deoderant is in.

• girls often make the first move, sex on a first date is usual and men prefer to buy dinner.

• latins rock! we should be thankful that you guys are in Europe:) cuz Europeans are kinda rigid about all those things u wrote..

• how tall are you? you have to be above a certain height to catch their attention

That is the stupidest thing I have read on here today and I've seen some bad ones...

• Dutch are not Northern Europeans.
    Swiss are not Northern Europeans.

What Girls Said 2

• be tall
    aaaaaand thats it

• Dutch and Swiss people are not Northern Europeans.