Would you cheat if you're s/o went to the clink?

my boyfriend has court for a 2nd offense DUI. his lawyer told him that he'll probably have to do 3-6 months in jail. I don't want to break up with him, we get along great, never had an argument. but I'm really upset to find out he's going away soon. should I wait for him, break up with him, or just cheat. he's not a felon, but in my state 2nd offense drunk driving holds required jail time. it's a misdemeanor, and he'll be at the county jail.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry. Bad things can happen to good people sometimes. Let him serve the jail sentence and come back a new and reformed person. He will learn from his bad experiences and become more wiser. Give him the chance to bounce back smartly in life. In the mean time you can do something productive to get over your loneliness.

Most Helpful Girl

• I stuck it out with a Guy who I was with, still is my Bestie, and he Did...3-6 Months in Ryker's Island. Time goes Real quick.
    I Stuck by his Side when he Needed me the most, I was Always there when it was Visiting Day on the Weekend day that was designated, and when he got Out, he was a new Man because the Can... Taught him a Lesson in his own Life of Strife.
    Good luck And the Ball is in your own Court that Day. xx

Thank you for the Like, and remember to help with some Commissary money, not a lot to eat, they like a treat. xx

Thank you, hun, and so are you, I can tell you are IN this for the Long haul and all. xxoo

Thank you, @Megabeauty for the Vote of confidence, and I am quite confident all will be Fine down this Fine Line. xx

What Guys Said 30

• I'm sorry to hear that @ MegaBeauty! If you don't mind me asking, is your boyfriend an alcoholic? Reason i ask is because you wouldn't want to be in the car with him if he's drunk since you're putting your life in danger too.

In answer to your question, if he's going to be in County jail for 3-6 months, it does leave the door open for you to cheat while he's not around! 6 months is a long time to wait for sex if you decide to stay with him too or you could break up with him and find another guy.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll choose the right decision for you 😆

I don't see him drink that much. he got these charges b4 we met, I'm just finding out about it bc he has court and wanted to inform me that jail time is likely... arraignment is 2morr...

He should have told you @MegaBeauty right from the very beginning! You have every right to feel upset because 6 months jail time will put strain on your relationship! The door is definitely open for you to cheat as well as you breaking up with him!

Thanks for the upvote 😉 😘

• Oh hell yes, you should! I say we you let me take you to Las Vegas for a weekend so you can see how a real man treats a mega beauty like yourself!

• Don't cheat. It'll come back to haunt you. Either break up with him or wait. But ultimately he has to realize his actions have consequences.

• Sorry to hear about your boyfriend. That must be hard on you. But to be fair. It was extremely dangerous what he did. Even though he is going to jail. He still is lucky that he didn't kill someone or himself.

To answer you question. When you say cheat, what are we talking? Flirting? Making out? Sex? Online Cheat? Phone sex? Why would you want to cheat? You need to release sexual frustration? Or payback for going to jail?

well it's not so much sex bc he's still here so I'm not sexually frustrated yet. I'm more anticipating him being gone through the holidays and me being alone. like, I don't want to sit at home alone for the next few weeks. so, cheating like dating others, maybe talking on phone, flirting, or what if I go out with friends and someone approaches me, will I still tell them I'm taken, or will I play single?

You have scars?

Yes you can!! You can do anything you want! Besides being as pretty as you are nobody would notice the scars... Trust me when you've done as much plastics and burns work as I have you know the difference between scars that are scars and scars that are SCARRING for life!!

• If you feel any desire to cheat, then you should just break up with him. Cheating is betrayal. Of you want to stay with him then wait until he gets out.

• Play the "I'm sooo upset!" card! Tell him you would not be able to survive without him and that him going to prison is the most selfish thing he has ever done! Then break up!

Then you have all the sex you want, and when he comes out you apologise and tell him how stupid you were! Can't believe you said all those things... blah.. blah. And then kiss & make up! So you have sex, without cheating, without losing him!

• Unless he killed somebody, he won't got to jail. The lawyer is probably trying to get more $$$ out of him. Mine told me I had a good case and once he got his "retainer fee" of $2000 he changed his tune.

yeah but Pennsylvania state law says mandatory jail time for 2nd offense?

Pa laws suck. I had a buddy get jail time for a dui. Also had a few get their 2nd and lose their lisence for a year and probation. If you're gonna cheat tho let me know if you're close to harrisburg at all. Hahaha

2 hours from Harrisburg

• wow! didn't know anyone still use the word clink!

• Ask him if he's okay with you temporarily hooking up with some other guys while he's in jail. Then go back to normal once he gets out.

• its all up to you, if you have strong feeling for him then you should wait, if not then break up, couse cheating on him if you ask me isn't right

• no i wouldn't cheat. if felt the compulsion to cheat i'd just end the relationship

• either you keep the relationship going or break up. but don't cheat

if you love him and the reason why he has to go to jail is no reason to break up with, then 3-6 months without seeing him don't seem to be a good reason to break up, especially if it's closer to 3 months.

• he needs to get his shit together.. a beautiful lady like urself needs a man to provide not a immature boy..

• Stay with the two time DUI offender. He is obviously a winner who makes great decisions.

• Stay because you love him, or break up because he's a guy who managed to get a 2nd offense DUI, but don't cheat. Seriously, you're 33, you shouldn't have to ask this.

• Id break up with a girl if she got thrown in the clinker for a 2nd DUI. I'm guessing he's your age or around it. He should be snart enough to call a cab and not drive. Thats what concerns me the most.

• sounds as though you are both as childish as each other. stay with him, just dont breed ok? thanks.

• there s a difference between a first time
    and a second time

that's simple logic
    don't drink before you drive

i don't think your boyfriend is bad
    but honestly at my age i avoid drinks all together
    brings to many issues

hun if you can hold it in then sure stay
    but if you will cheat break up with him

• yes no doubt i mean i would be sucking guys in the clink so...

• If i went 120 days with out porn and masterbating. you can go 4 to 6 months 1 o'clock Dj ing yourself with out someone else's dick inside you.

• sometimes guys become more attractive when there in jail oddly enough , if the relationship isn't working for you maybe its time to see whats out there. I don't know , he made a dumb decision to continue to drink and drive after already being caught once before

oh no, so far we have a great relationship. never even argue and i haven't cheated, just worried about being lonely for the next few months and especially during the holidays

some people still manage to maintain relationships from behind bars , its not unheard of especially if there in for short periods of time

• i know people who cheat because their s. o. is in the armed forces. people are idiots sometimes, no idea why they do it

• Break up with him... He deserves better than a girl who a) is considering cheating on him and b) leaves this option to the internet

go back to high school. how the fuck do you kno what he deserves? I'm looking for opinions from my fellow adults, not some loser high school kids. go to prom..

Yeah let's make age an issue and ignore the fact that you're not adult enough to make your own relationship decisions. by the way nice ad hominem 👍

• Hook up with a girl, if I was locked up I'd be with it

• you're a ho for even considering it

5 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• This is really your call. If cheating will bother you guilt wise and you do not think you can do without while he is away I would suggest breaking up with him. If after he gets out maybe you can start again if the circumstances are appropriate... for example you have not found a new boyfriend.

• Ok first of all why do you want someone in your life who clearly has a drinking problem, nor has any regard for their life or anyone else on the roads? If you thinking about cheating before he even leaves just break up with him. Don't be that girl that stays and gets taken advantage of, thats just silly

• wow.. either wait for him or break up.
    why would you even think of cheating on him?
    He doesn't deserve that.

it's more the timing. I've put a lot of effort into finding a relationship and now he's going to be gone come turkey day, Christmas, new years, and possibly my bday. not really talking about cheating as in sleeping around, but more like dating other men, having someone to party with on new years, things like that

• i wouldn't, why cheat when you can just dump them first? it'll erase the guilt.
    and besides, it really depends on what my s/o did. if the "crime" wasn't really that serious then i'd stay. if it was and i know that my s/o was like that then i'd dump him.

it was drunk driving. I don't think it's a big deal, it's a misdemeanor, but I can't believe I'll be alone for Thanksgiving, Christmas, new year, and possibly my next bday... smh...

just him being there after will make up for it right? at least he didn't die or get diagnosed with a uncurable sickness.

• no, i wouldn't cheat? id break up with a loser like that. people who drink and drive are irresponsible, selfish pieces of shit

Whoa yo it's just drunk driving he didn't kill anybody although he could of jeez

@The_highlander I got those DUIS in 08. If my hospital doesn't think I'm an idiot or a problem so get over it. And yes,, Penn Presbytrian Hospital ran a background check and are aware. And so is my immediate supervisor Dr. Jaimo Ahn. Head of the trauma unit. I'm pretty sure your opinions mean nothing.

@The_highlander Clearly. Selfish fucks attract selfish fucks apparently.

• Just break up if cheating is on the table.

• He wouldn't be my so anymore.

well I have duis too so, it'd be hipocritical to break up with him for doing something I did 8 years ago

It's your life. I feel like I deserve something better than that.

• i would break up with him or tell him that temporarily you're gonna think about things and then go have ur fun

• You should cheat and then break up with him when he gets out of jail. THat way you have all the bases covered, you waited, you cheated and then you left him.