Guys, past research shows that when asked about women & short term dating men want body over face Which one is more important to you between the two?

The idea here is that when cavemen were pursuing a short-term mating strategy, body cues, such as whether a potential sexual partner appeared fertile or was already pregnant, would have alerted a man as to whether getting busy would be worthwhile (genetically speaking). The translation is that for modern men seeking a one-night stand, a hot body counts. Do you think this study was correct?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. A "one night stand" is all about SEX, so issues that are more important in a long-term relationship (beauty, personality, compatibility) are irrelevant - the only thing that matters is raw attraction, and that means a hot body is a higher priority than any of those other issues.

Anyone with eyes and at least 3 brain cells can SEE this truth in action all around them if they only look - there can be no denying the reality of this.

What Guys Said 20

• I'll always put face over body, even in casual hookups. I would have troubles to fuck a girl with a hot body, but an ugly face, cause apparently it's rude to put a bag over their heads :/

• it makes a lot of sense, in so much as women seek alpha males as they provide the best chance of keeping their offspring alive.

today this comes across as shallow as men are seen to be pursuing thin women with ample breasts. this makes them seem fit and fertile.

on the other hand women are stereotyped as gold diggers as money = power in todays society.

Truth is, we are all subconsciously influenced by primal urges.

• I don't seek ONS, so I cannot say about that. If I did, then I'd go for personality... energy, body, looks in that order. I'm serious... a dull personality and hot body, I just wouldn't feel connected. I may be an oddity amoung males of the species.

• When I wake up in the morning, I want to see a cute face. I don't have sex with a woman if we are not going to spend the night together.

• I'd say so

• A good face is what appeals to any man the first time he sees a women. If it is complemented by a good body , then it is a bonus. But a good body without a good face would discourage a man because he will not find the woman to be so attractive as he expects her to be. what the caveman did them is history. In my opinion a good face has 60% preference and a good body has 40% preference. If they combine together , the result could be 100%.

• I would say yes. So many times I've passed a girl with a really hot ass then seen what face was on it... and still the ass/thights win me over. Besides, if I get lucky Im not gonna be spending much time by her face anyway...

• Well, its much easier to carry a bag big enough to cover the average head than it is to have one large enough for the entire body.. Also, turn off the lights and you don't have to feel, touch, or look at their face, not so with the body. A big part of good sex involves the entire body (i. e., touching, squeezing, rubbing against, kissing, licking), so, yes, body rules the day, or night. ;)

• I would want someone with a good heart, kindness, good personality, brains, honor, honesty, respect, love, morals and more, because those are what truly makes a woman beautiful, aesthetics is just a bonus but not needed

• I consider the face to be a part of the body. I want the total package.

• Yeah, we could ignore the face for the night

• Face > body

• yeah for a ONS its more about being hot

for relationship its more about face/intelligence/etc

• For me it used to be face over body but now I prefer body over face.

• as long as they are hot as you:) yes it' true.

• Body!!!

• body and face but more than that soul and liveliness and openness

• Not for me. I of course want the whole package, body and face but face is more important than body. I've been attracted to many women that had beautiful faces and not so great bodies but not really the other way around. An "ugly" woman with a great body, I'll admire/appreciate it but will pass on sex or dating.

• Short term for me it would all be about her body. Breasts and butt.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Usually it's face>body.