My boyfriend acts like he knows it all, what do I do?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 3 years and some months now, we are a LDR. So we will have our struggles just like any other relationship. But I've noticed that he has always had this mind set of "I'm always right." Multiple occasions he will say that he knows something is wrong, or I should do this because he knows what's best. Which sometimes he is right, but nit all the time like he says. So then I'll question it, you know, and I'll say "Well how do you know what's best for me?" his response is that he's been through more than i have. That he's been in my spot before so that makes him right. Some other occasions he'll say things like this, which is exactly what he has said to me, "I'd rather just get my ass chewing now please" and follow it up with "Cmon just get it over with start doing your routine, I know you will." Then when I end up not doing what he said he gets angry and says that it's best if we just stop talking for the day. I don't know what to make of this, I don't know what i can do or say to let him know this bothers me. We have been fighting a lot recently and it never seems to stop. I've talked to him heart to heart about it and we end up fighting again. Some arguments are because he's out with his friends and planning over things he promised to do with me. Ill express how I feel in as calm of a way as I can when I'm upset. But it doesn't help any, he always ignoring how I feel and pushes me over then edge until I actually do get mad. He turns things around so I'm the one feeling like I've done something wrong. I'm a few years younger than him and when I've gone to him about my problems he says his are far worse than mine, that he's going through more than I am. When he says things like that I don't know how to reply.. sometimes I really want the arguments to end so ill give in and say that he was right and i was wrong, I love him and I dont want this to break us appart. If anyone could give me some insight on what to do it would truly help.

What Guys Said 1

• A lot of young guys think they know everything. Especially the ones that happen to be wrong a lot of the time. He does sound very self-absorbed. Honestly there's not much you can do he just needs to eventually mature. Unfortunately a lot of guys carry the mindset he does well into adulthood.

What Girls Said 1