Second Chance worth taking a shot? Genuine Opinions?

Hello. I have a second chance with a girl that brushed me off a couple years ago after briefly dating.
Tbh I had a lot going on in my life at the time ( mainly contributing from fathers death/Stress ) and my actions just lowered her interest level. I don't hold any grudges over it or anything. I'll man up and accept it was all my own doing.

Just obviously now being 2 years later, I'm just trying to gauge her motives, I am a completely new man from then, back to my old self. So I don't feel like I am a back up plan, though the pride speaking in the back of my mind is saying don't even give her a look in. Though it has me slightly confused, I am definitely not %100 with my decision.

Any advice from ladies on what their motives have been for coming back?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know if I'm reading too much into this or if I'm missing info. It's hard to say. I'm saying that because me personally... I wouldn't brush someone off because their parent passed away. That's just me though. Now that it's been 2 years, how is she acting? Does she at least seem interesting in dating or seeing where things can go? I feel like things could be awkward depending on how you guys left things. But if you feel like she's worth giving a shot, you could do dinner and see if any chemistry is there and gauge your opinion on that. It's really hard to say how things could go with her unless you decide to peruse anything or not.

I was just all over the place mentally, definitely not the best version of myself

Well then I say give her a chance and try a date or hang out at least once to see if anything is there or someone comes out of it. At least at the end of the day you can say you gave it a shot and it did or didn't work out and not have to always wonder what if.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know how this came up, if she just called out of the blue or whatever, but as a rule things don't just happen. Something in her life has changed recently that has caused her to go back through her past and see what options she may have missed. In my experience this is usually after a relationship has failed in some way and she needs an ego boost or a reality check. I've seen this also happen after a death of someone she's known. It isn't necessarily sinister, shallow, or insincere, but if this is out of the blue for you, then the cause is something with her.

I recommend taking a chance for a couple dates. Worst case; you learn you're a rebound guy. Best case; same as ever, you find everlasting bliss.

we actually crossed paths out and about, but good point