Would you date a mom?

So I was wondering how guys feel about dating a single mother. How big of an issue is it for you, or is it not one. why, or why not? I'm a single mother and I have been having a hard time finding a guy. One guy who I am friends with told me he would NEVER date a mom and he explained his reasoning as he wanted kids to be a choice he made with someone not a requirement. And I understand that, but I was wondering if others felt the same. Let me know :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I know I'm not your target demographic, but I'll answer the way I would have answered when I was your age.

It isn't a deal breaker, but it's a red flag. I would inquire further to find out why she's a single mother. I would ask why did the father leave? At what point did he leave? Why did you decide to raise the child on your own? And perhaps some other questions.

Most Helpful Girl

• My current boyfriend told me that the fact that I have children of my own was a bonus, he is wonderful with them and he absolutely adores them.
    He also has 2 children of his own who he has 50/50 custody of tho, so he knows what it's like to be a single parent as well.

What Guys Said 19

• I dated one, its good. love the kids, they are the best thing. It is a little harder to date as the kids are #1 priority and draw attention. Then add in the X challenges.

at your age, it may be harder... some guys, probably most aren't ready for that level of commitment, responsibility, what they are signing up for. An older guy or a more mature one may be.

• I would definitely be open to dating a mom once I had a steady flow of money come in. If I can't support myself I can't support a mother and her child, but if I did then definitely. I don't see anything wrong with dating a single mother but some people instantly back out if that's the case. I'm sure you'll find a guy who is more than willing to be there for you and your child just keep at it.

• If I fall for her, then yes. I am sometimes prejudice against people who have children at such a young age, but if I develop feelings for her, there's a reason. Her child is a part of her life and my feelings for her would include her child/children. I do want children of my own though

• I've dated numerous. At my age it's hard to find a single woman who isn't a mom in fact. The BIGGER challenge is finding someone who shares similar views on raising kids, and values they wish to instill in them.

• Most likely not. They prioritize their child before you. They also tend to have pretty bad judgement considering the got knocked up. JUST BEING HONEST BOYOS.

I was only 19 so I agree it was bad judgement, however if we were all judged on our bad judgement at that age we'd all be in trouble. And who was the worst in the situation the 19 who had only slept with this one guy who now works her butt off to provide for her son or the 26 year old who bailed and hasn't tried to help at all. It is true the child will always come first but if you get married and have any kids those kids will always come first as well so what's the difference?

Sure that's a nice little speech but that was a serious error or bad judgement that is going to last a lifetime. I get your situation. Shit happens. This is how a lot of other guys look at it as well though. Plus the idea of raising someone elses kid is off-putting to most. I'd maybe think that you still have drama with this dude. Visitation rights with the kid.. a lot of tension there. Overall just too much drama.

You are forgetting something. For every single Mom out there that works hard, looks after her kid etc. There is a single girl that has no kids, that also does the same and has more options for development of any future or current relationship.

• Probably not. I'm not ready to have little humans be a part of my life just yet.

• I wouldn't. I hate kids, I'm sure not raising kids that aren't mine.

• Bruh that sh*t extra! you gonna be talking to her mid more then you gonna be getting pussy and don't get me started with expenses

• I married a mom, so I think it's pretty clear where my stance is.

• No, I'd rather drink sawdust.

• I would only date her if she has 1 child

Only one little boy. He is one do you think age of the child makes a difference?

If by cool you mean sometimes the cutest most adorable thing in the world and the sometimes the devil child you'd be right lol I love him to bits but he can be a handful

It is as you say @flirtygrl94

• Not adverse to the idea... depends on the lady in question.

• I've done it. The reality is that any guy dating a mom must understand that on a GOOD DAY, here are her priorities: 1) her kids, 2) her, and 3) you. You don't want to know what the lineup is on a BAD DAY!!!

• I'd prefer not to. I've dated a dew single moms and the absolute worst is when she has 2+ kids. It makes dating pretty much impossible at times. No weekend getaways no over night stays. It's hard getting any privacy honestly.

• no.

dating sucks

• I don't see why not kids seem to like me

• you feel entitled. like, you are owed something because you got screwed, literally and figuratively. noone is owed shit!

explain?

you think that just because you're a mother, you're still expecting a boyfriend. you're not

• sure as long as her kids won't watch me screw their mom.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0