How did you know you were in love with your SO? Was their a defining moment that made you realize you were in love?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm curious. I've only ever been in one relationship and it didn't last very long, so I've never really felt what its like to be in love.

Dictionary definition of love:

: a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person
: attraction that includes sexual desire : the strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship
: a person you love in a romantic way

These can be interpreted in a variety of ways. For those of you who have fallen in love, what was it that made you realize you were in love with that person? Was it a defining moment? A combination of things? Feel free to share stories!

Most Helpful Girl

• It happened gradually, but the realization made it seem impulsive. I knew I liked him, and I increasingly liked him more and more. We had a fight at one point and it lasted almost a week. Even when I was mad at him, I still defended him when my friends said he was a jerk. I knew I couldn't stay mad at him. We made up and both apologized and he hugged me and said it wasn't my fault. I realized that I saw his flaws and how he could make up for them and the fact that he wasn't perfect but I still wanted him made me realize I was in love. It was this inexplicable, wonderful, and terrifying feeling.

Most Helpful Guy

• The sexual desire never was on the table, we were best friends and we liked each other a lot. We both had some common to talk about but mostly was uncommon so we learned from each other, the way we stick together and help each other's family and friends made us realize that we both should take it to the next level and it started well. fought once and none of us were rally happy about it and it was misunderstanding (fights are mostly misunderstanding) the romance was always there from the beginning and still. Now it's been 8 years since we got in our relationship and 4 years married and it's getting better and better. It's always the communication and understanding (none of us had any kind of relationship before)

What Girls Said 1

• I met my ex while we were working on a play/musical and I actually fell in love with him just listening to his voice at rehearsals. I just had this really strong feeling of needing to be around him more. I had never felt that way before. It was weird, like I was just being pulled towards him with some kind of magnetic force.

What Guys Said 2

• I have no idea, I always thought it was love, but it always turned out to be an illusion.

• For me there is never a defining moment. One day you just realize that you're in love. It's not like the previous day you weren't, you can't exactly pick when it started. You just remember that once you didn't love them and now you most certainly do