Do girls like affectionate guys?

Do girls like affectionate guys? I am like abnormally affectionate for a guy I think? Like I love all of the hand holding, sweet messages, hair playing, couch cuddling, blanket sharing, little jokes, saying "I love you", compliments, things like that. Both giving and receiving affection, it is a really important thing to me. I'm not talking like a constant stream of it, but little bits built in throughout the week.

My last girlfriend was not very affectionate at all and I felt like I wasn't really wanted and that my affection was not appreciated so it caused conflict.

Like I said, it is very important to me, but is this something that I need to work on trying to change about me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls do and some girls don't. I am a girl who loves affectionate guys. The guy I am in a relationship with now is just like you. However, one of my girl friends is quite the opposite. She finds it annoying when guys are extremely affectionate.

Don't change anything about you. Embrace the fact that you know this about yourself and just look for the right girl.

A good start is to look for someone with a compatible zodiac sign. I am a Cancer (generally caring and compassionate) and my boyfriend is a Taurus (generally affectionate and stubborn), whereas my girlfriend is a Sagittarius (generally independent and fair-minded).

Most Helpful Guy

• Only later once you've establish relationship with them. Showing affection too early makes you appear easy. Women want what they can't have.

What Girls Said 6

• Heck no... don't be changing that about you. I am one of those women who love little things like that. Just little bits here and there are the things that get to me. There is nothing wrong with you, you just haven't found the right girl. My last boyfriend played with my hair (even though he wasn't big on it), simply because I liked it and he needed to be touching me... it was super sweet.

• It depends on the girl. I'm personally not a fan of too much physical affection like cuddling or holding hands. I'm good with just linking arms. As for words, those are always welcome - as long as you don't overdo it. Only say what you really mean/need to say. Personally, making memories and having deep conversations is more meaningful to me than simply being complimented on how I look all the time and physical touch is the least important thing to me. You want to make me happy? Tell me how much you love spending time with me, prepare a surprise romantic dinner, simply invite me to your place because you need someone to talk to and we'll talk. I don't know about other girls, but that's me.

• I love affection from the beginning. I don't know what the anonymous guy is saying.

Some women just aren't very lovey and the same goes for some men. You have to find a woman who likes it as much as you do.

• Depends. Some like it more than others. As for me, I prefer actions to words so long as not excessive. Constant "I love you"s is a turn-off for me. But don't ever change just because a girl may have different taste. There is a match for everyone.

• I mean some girls dont but most girls including my self absolutly love it

• you need to stop letting one bad apple ruin you.
    affection is the most beautiful thing

What Guys Said 2

• You might not be straight. Are you bi? Maybe you are quarter bi. You should explore that side of your personality more.

• according to the lack of replies, apparently not