When should a crush stay a crush?

There's two outcomes when it comes to a crush essentially, they can either eventually return your feelings or deny them. However, before you get to the point of confessing your feelings and you're stuck staring at your crush from across the way (or hanging out with them), when should you pursue your crush or just let them stay your crush?

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't give up without trying. Don't just watch them from a distance and then give up assuming it will never happen. It really depends on effort and the rest will be up to them. In high school, I asked this guy out and he rejected me but I waited and he eventually came around. So, you never know. I don't think we should give up without doing what we can.

True. I haven't talked to him except to say thanks when he held the door for me. He seems chill enough for me to approach him for a conversation but I freeze and lose my words. Sucks that I'm 24 and still get dumbstruck talking to guys smh.

Well today was that day, almost. Once again, he sat near me while we were waiting for class but I completely froze. Even when he was standing in front of me and holding the door for me, I froze. It wasn't until I sat down and just sort of cave and wrote him a small note. Indirect and not very effective, I know but I just couldn't talk. I ended up slipping him the note and hid in the bathroom till it was time for class... so I think it's safe to say I don't have to worry about my crush anymore lolz. Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.

Slipping a note works too! Glad I can help.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• My boss is always gonna stay my crush. I like him and I admire him but I would never cross that line. I have a feeling I'm his crush too, but he would be an idiot to risk dating me. So yeah, he's a crush and he should just stay a crush. It's been like that for 2 years.

I can understand that. I see that a lot at my job, they'll only date if they're in the same position or in different departments.