It bothers me and makes me mad I might never find a boyfriend because guys never ask me out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Then go up to a guy and ask him out instead. In this day and age of female empowerment there’s nothing wrong about you going up to a boy you’re interested in and asking him out instead of waiting around for him to have the bright idea of taking the initiative himself and asking you out first. Why would you want to wait around and give another girl a chance to ask the boy out that you want to go on a date with instead? Don’t be that shy. Don’t be that self-doubting. Be bold. Be assertive. Set your sights on the boy you would like to date then walk up to him and let him know how you feel and ask him if he’s like to go out with you and do something together. It really is just that simple. Trust yourself. Have confidence and go after what you want. Life is way too short to do otherwise. That’s my bottom line.

Most Helpful Girl

• It bothers me and makes me mad I might never find a boyfriend because guys never ask me out?
    Hmm it seems not finding a boyfriend doesn't bother you enough to start approaching guys and asking them out.

If you don't want to approach that's fine. You do you. But I find it odd to complain/be mad/be bothered by a situation of your own doing. To each their own.

What Guys Said 15

• opussecret.com/.../logo-425x340.jpg

Time for you to go on the hunt.

• Welcome to the world of men.

• time for you to start making the moves, m'lady

• Thems the breaks, I guess.

Why is it?

I dunno, basic stuff, lose weight, get your teeth fixed, get a nice looking haircut, wear makeup that's not too over-the-top, dress nicely; be nice to men if they DO approach you, don't break their balls, it's all pretty basic stuff, men aren't really that complicated. They're visual, they want you to look good and they'll be statistically more likely to approach you if you look good. Then when they work up the courage to do that, just be courteous, even if you reject them or they're not personally your cup of tea. A lot of people think there's some kind of weird game-playing going on, but I guarantee you a lot of the gameplaying only comes from women that think they need to gameplay. Most men are fucking nervous idiots, they won't be assholes to you if you're just... Nice, I dunno.

Now, I don't know you or what you look like so you could be doing all of this already, in which case great, but if guys STILL aren't approaching even after all that, then it might be time to go to them.

Is it because I don't talk to them, make eye contact with them or smile at them?

• Ohh god not again

• Why not change your strategy and ask Them out instead?

• why dont you approach men that you like? i dont know why women are under the impression that the man always has to make the moves

Honestly, because while men say they may want it, guys also like to put out there that they enjoy the chase. I've initiated contact before and it took the fun out of it for the guy on several different occasions.

@Elarra

None of my guy friends like the chase, and I don't either. Trust me, guys who like the chase are rare, and probably bad news too. Though I suppose you can have bad results approaching a guy if he wasn't into you in the first place or if you were overly desperate/clingy (basically just don't do what you wouldn't like a guy to do if he approached you).

@JohnDoe3000 How do you get a guy into you?

• ... why don't you just ask guys out instead then?

• Have you tried approaching a guy?

• Well maybe if it makes you mad, maybe you should approach them.

• Get out of your comfort zone and start approaching guys. Sheesh!

• stop bitching and go looking for a guy

• The data I've seen suggests women have a higher success rate than men do when they approach (though it's well below 50% ... believe it or not men's success rate is almost certainly worse than yours).

So you know, go for it.

Only players like the chase, most guys hate it.

• I've been asked out by women a few times. It took a few weeks or months for me to work out they were really "asking me out".

• It bothers me that no one ever asked me out either so I guess it's time for you to start asking unless you're really attractive then they will come to you

It it because I don't talk, make eye contact, or smile at them?

That's not very hard to do so if you know the problem then it's really up to you to fix it unless you wear a button pin that says you're single and available

What Girls Said 4

• well stop being a coward and ask people out yourself. Duh

• I know how you feel. I'm in the same age group as you. I've been on dates though, but none of those guys were boyfriend material. Now all I seem to attract are guys who are already in relationships or married and shy guys that aren't even capable of initiating conversations. They just admire from a distance, or I get the odd one who will stand close to me, but they just stand there waiting on me to open a conversation. The guys I spend time getting to know are also taken. Have you ever tried talking to guys you find attractive? Maybe you should give it a go. As for shy guys that take non verbal. interest in me. I don't take them by the hand. They won't learn anything otherwise.

• So what's stopping you asking them out instead?

• Maybe you could ask a guy you like out? It doesn't always have to be the guy!