32 year old dating a 17 year old?

What do y'all think about this? I believe that it's okay as long as boundaries are set and as long as he isn't just usi her for sex.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of the time the older guy is just using the younger girl for a young piece of ass and will easliy manipulate the girl until he gets bored and leaves her. Most of these relationship don't last long.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... Just be careful, alright? I have known a 42 year-old man for two and half years. At first, the relationship was innocent. He just wanted to talk. Then, he started asking for things. Pictures, videos, Skype sessions, etc. I finally said yes to all of that after several months of talking to him, but I felt horrible about what I was doing. I was also suspicious of him. I knew that, online, any grown man that talks to a minor is just using them. That is a FACT. Unless you're old enough (18) for a serious relationship, most men are using you to get off. So, I did some research, and I discovered he was still MARRIED. He had confessed to having children at one point, but it took a lot to get him to admit that he was married. Even though I had been talking to him for 2 years at this point, there was still a lot I didn't know about him. I had to show him proof, threaten him (by saying I'll tell someone about our relationship), and "scream" at him over text before he finally said the truth.

I'm telling you this because I don't want you to get hurt. A lot is at risk. In my story, I was 13 when I found Jeff. In your situation it might be okay (you're turning 18 soon), but mine definitely wasn't. If he ever asks you for personal things, you're not obligated to give them. You can say no.

What Guys Said 7

• Can you please describe the relationship you have with this man? How long have you known him? What is his background? Is he married? Employed? Owns his home? How far has your relationship progressed? What is the age of consent in your location?

I've known him for a couple weeks. We have just been talking right now. We are still getting to know each other right now. He was married but they got a divorce but still talk every now and then. He has a job and his own house. And the age of consent where I live is 16.

I don't know we technically aren't even in a relationship to be honest.

But you are considering it so, if it develops, what would you want to get from the relationship with this guy?

• Yeeeeeah... no, it's definitely not ok.

Daddy issues and pedo issues don't mix.

I don't have daddy issues and he isn't a pedophile

• Shisshhh disgusting that 32 year old is a pedophile!! And the 17 year old is an idiot too..
    Let me guess that 32 yeaa old guy is married too?

I'm definitely not am idiot. And no he is not married

It is legal where I live.

Well ok then good for you..!

• Ummm.. no... I'm 21 and wouldn't date 17.

• It's unacceptable...

• It isn't alright forme. i am 21 and i am not tend to date with 17.

• 18 is the age it's OK not 17.

I'll be 18 in a couple weeks

What Girls Said 12

• You have to ask yourself why a 32 year old man would want to date a teenager. A 32 year old man who would normally be married with kids by now. To me, it screams mentally unwell and borderline paedophile. They often can't date anyone their own age so they go for young and naive. They want young and naive so they can control and manipulate easily. They can form you into the woman they want. Men that age dating much younger girls have been known to murder too, they're not usually of sound mind so I'd say no to that.

• What other use could a normal 32 year old man have for a 17 year old girl other than sex?

I mean the convo isn't exactly going to be stimulating for him is it. She's barely even an adult.

Sorry but no, not ok. Creepy.

• 1|0
  • It's quite strange to date someone who is so much older/younger than the partner in the relationship. Nonetheless, if you both have mutual feelings and respect each other then I guess it is okay. As long as it feels right/comfortable between the two you should be able to date whoever you want despite the age gap. Like the old saying "you can't help who you fall in love with." In saying this only in these circumstances should you continue on with this relationship.

• When you reach 32 years of age. You might one day see he was just a master manipulator. You are young and impressionable and want to think he is just with you because he is not from high school.

We have been talking to being in a relationship. I cold care less if he was in high school or not. It's about the character of the person.

Just because he has a job and a house. And you ve just known him a few weeks. It still says nothing about his intentions.

I didn't say that it did. I've been careful and have looked him up multiple times and made sure that people knew where I was when Im with him

• Granted that age is just a number, but this is not okay.

• Not only creepy but downright predatory

• It's not okay whatsoever.

• it's not ok at all

• At 17 you're still a minor, so it's not okay.

• No just No...

• Few weeks? Met him yet?

Yeaa see how naive she is?

*to us

@singlebee I won't though