Am I just plain unattractive?

I've noticed all high school, I'm in my junior year now, boys don't even realize my existence. I've gotten so frustrated with that lately i started showing clevlage. But I try and dress pretty I don't put on too much make up. All the girls at my school have perfect body. Im not fat... I just have a little belly fat. I try and exercise when I can but I never have any time. Mabye guys don't like my body? But there's no way every single girl at my school works out. I don't eat very much so why do I have that belly fat. Maybe I'm just plain unattractive, guys don't really even look at me they look right ahead of me when I pass by, even when I'm showing boob. :( Its disappointing and frustrating. I just don't feel enough. I feel so ugly and undesirable. And that my body is u desirable. I have a hard time believing it could change but when I try I never have enough time anyway to work out. Will I be alone forever. I don't want the only that that will notice me to be as desperate and unattractive as I am with low standards. What do boys like? How can I be beautiful?

Most Helpful Girl

• Your beautiful as you are. You don't need a man's validation to prove that. If you don't start loving you for who you are, no guy is going to do it for you, unless he naturally has love for you in return. What it is, is that you have to find your own purpose as an individual and know that you are worth it. But if you don't allow yourself that chance, then you won't have it by your choices. I have never dated nor had a boyfriend in my entire life. The only reason why they would want you is to just use you for sex and that's it. They don't think about the prospects of the future, let alone with you. And that is where I pulled myself back. Because if your always and too available, they will start to think that your either too desperate, or not interesting to date.

Men don't need sex or just a warm female body to feel happy, just like most couples. They need a partnership and a best friend. That person has to want to desire you as a person, not out of lust. Because if its lust, then its not love. Love chooses you, and you must chose love. I had good enough suiters. Probably the same amount as you. But that didn't stop me to the point that I'm Celibate. I'm celibate because I got tired of being treated the way I was treated. Because I realized that it wasn't for me. Because I had to focus on my future, and how my choices may impact other people who needs me. And besides if you start revealing your sensuality like that, they will never respect you and that is why they aren't paying attention to you even when you did cover up before.

Change your way of thinking and how you approach your goals. Don't pay attention to guys and looking for somebody to notice you. They know who you are and notice you, your not so invisible. But until you understand this, it will not make things any better. Its part of growing up. You have to move on with life. And guys at your stage at life are not always men or going to men, just the same as most women and other people. Right now, you may not see that. But one day you will either the easy way or the hard way. Somebody will know how to love you, and give you what you always desired. But remember this: What you need may not be what you want, and what you want isn't always going to be what you need. Its a life lesson you'll just have to learn. Best Regards.

What Guys Said 9

• Strange, i dont ever see men complaining about lack of attention. You are only 16 so id say wait a couple more years. It will get vetter.

• I assure you there are dozens of guys wandering the halls at your school wondering the very same things, all of whom are at least as shy as you are, and would be thrilled if you made the first move. You can't stop after one guy fails to show interest. Keep trying. Good luck! I wish you the best!

It's been more than just one guy :(

I smile at people. But not 24/7. And yeah I am lonely I walk around with a friend at school but anywhere else. No

Could it be that you are focusing too much on your body and your appearance? From what you describe, I doubt there are any issues!

Can I give you some advice? Work on loving yourself or at least being OK with yourself. Spend less time focusing on your body. Also, avoid using it to attract the opposite sex. That will happen eventually anyway (I guarantee it) but if you do it on purpose, you're going to attract the wrong kind of guy… one who's focused on that alone and not on you, the person. I think you'll see that more and more as you get older. Can you get involved in something? Some clubs or activities with boys and girls together? Get to know some guys. Show some interest. Stay casual. Be approachable. Put yourself out there if someone takes an interest in you. I remember well how damn lonely it can be! Don't expect immediate results. You're young. You have time. There's a great guy out there for you!

• I restarted my computer. Resintalled windows. Reset my cache. Bought a new computer. Reinstalled the drivers on my monitor. The pics still aren't loading OP.

• Words numbers can tell us nothing. We need pics to help you out

• That's how HS boys are, once you are out of there you're life will change don't worry! I'd be happy to look down your shirt if it makes you feel better, don't worry about the boys their balls might not have dropped yet.

by the way you can PM a pic if you're too shy to post one, it's hard to say anything without a pic

• Try talking to guys?

I've tried with this cute guy at best buy, he was flirty with me at first but he kind of was nice like that to everyone. It was clear I was really awkward and he wasn't digging me back :/

Girls get approached all the time or even looked at. None of that for me:(

I'm not a male model but that doesn't stop me lol shouldn't stop you either

• can't say anything without pic but i believe you are not ugly.

• I'm a junior in high school. Trust me at least one guy has once thought in their head that you're cute / actrictive. I feel like I'm in the same boat as you with feeling undesirable because no girls talk to me too but you just have to love yourself.

• Please don't do this to yourself. Guys will take advantage if you feed into them. A man that wants to be with you will come, you just have to be patient for now. Don't attract men with your body because they will end up breaking your heart.

No one's gonna wanna look ate in the first place if I don't show my boobs :( that's about the only attention if could get really

What Girls Said 3

• Giirrrrllllllllll. You gotta get yoself out there if you want guys to notice you and ya gotta exude confidence, demand the attention of those around you. I walk with a swagger, my model walk as my friends call it, and that definitely turns heads, something I think works very well. Helps if you dress cute (from what I hear, you got that part down), walk with shoulders back, chest out, and strut (walking straight also helps make the tummy look a little flatter 😉). As for exercise, work out when you can (cardio preferably) but on days you don't have much time just do a few sit ups or another ab workout of choice, that should help tone your belly a little 👌🏼. Also, talk to guys, it's easier to have guys be romantically interested in you if they actually get a chance to know you. Good luck 👍🏻🍀!

Also, while I doubt you are actually unattractive, having a great personality makes even the ugliest of the people seem attractive because you just have a great time with them and that makes you want to be near them more often!

• No you are not unattractive. I have had similar conversations with friends at school who thought the same and we worked it out that it is mostly down to confidence. Some people just don't seem that confident/happy in themselves and it can show somehow. Things like your little worry that all the other girls must work out, maybe not looking up and smiling at people, all that sort of thing. Your idea to use a little more cleavage to advantage is good. It makes you feel better/sexier yourself and then that shows through. Obviously don't go too far, but the tease of 'accidentally' leaning forward can be great fun in the right circumstances. Also people get used to you being who you have always been, if that makes sense. So, if there is someone new about then they are more likely to notice you and smile back. Boys just want a normal person who is confident, who looks like they take care of their appearance and who is a bit fun and flirty. Don't stress about it is most important... I am sure some time soon there will be a special someone who takes a lot more interest in a lovely girl... you!

• maybe yes maybe not
    we need a pic to judge