What is going on with the double standard of dating single moms and single dads? Why are young childless women expected to date single dads?

Would you date a single dad? I would not. I have no children yet I noticed that men on gag and in general expect young women with no children to date a single dad, but those same guys would not date a single mom I bet.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• This site is filled with men (not all, but many) who think just because they have a penis they deserve the best kind of females, so the whole mankind deserves the best females (aka young, skinny, pretty, virgin girls, because personality and intelligence don't matter... /that way she would never go out with them 😂/) . #hypocrisy

so apparently it's bad for men to be biologically attracted to fertile women, in good health, who have a history of sexually responsible behavior? And apparently, by your definition, personality and intelligence is not a factor in what makes a woman one of "the best females".

Gotta say this post seems way out there to me, like bitter and angry much?

@Djaaaaaay this is the entitlement I'm talking about, "I deserve *just because I exist*"...

Thats not what I'm talking about. Being worthy of my status is where I'm hinting at , not entitlement just cause. There's a lot of difference between being worthy of something and feeling entitled of something. I've worked hard in life for my deservance of , doesn't make me entitled. No ones entitled for anything. But you can be deserving of something.

What Guys Said 16

• I have not noticed this double standard before. Personally I would not date a single mom unless I myself was a single dad.

• I have heard that a single person should not date someone with children, but I have never heard the other way around.

• "This thing I just made up makes me MAD!"

• You are right I don't see why they get to choose things like that.

But I do understand that some people may not be ready at that point in their life to take on the task of raising a kid.

• I don't blame anyone who isn't a parent for refusing to date a single parent, gender isn't even an issue.

I don't have kids and want NOTHING!!! to do with single moms, they are just /YUK!

• I've tried it before and it's only a turnoff for me at this age because I always have to deal with the events such as

"I can't come out, can't get my kid to sleep"
    "Gotta watch my kid"
    "The kids father can't watch him so I have to"

While I understand that it's their kid and the kid comes first, I don't like dealing with it.

• Nobody has to date anyone if they dont want to for any given reason. In the 1800s people could not choose who to date and marry, now people can so i dont understand why people expect anyone to date anyone. How does that make sense?

• I have never heard of women being expected to date single dads.

• Men don't care what women do as long as we get to sample your goodies along the way. Once you have your kids you'll become invisible to us and we'll be dating your daughters while you complain that's there's no good men. Lol

• Never heard that ever, but that said, you should be dating *people* not "dads" or "non-dads."

• If I ever become a single dad, I would want a woman who's heart is big enough for my child and I
    That being said, I know that's hard to find and I wouldn't expect any women to sacrifice so much for me and my child

• This is the first I've heard of it.
    Actually, I'd expect single moms to get together with guys with no children more than the other way around.

• I haven't seen these posts... But I've dated my fair share of single moms. *Shrug*

• i dont think its a case of them being expected to. its personal choice

• Have never heard of that. It must be a new thing as of the exact moment you made this post?

No one is expected to date anyone. You can refuse or seek out anyone you want for any reason or no reason at all.

• I'd be surprised by females dating/asking out males anyway

What Girls Said 5

• Lol no I would date a single dad. Maybe if we really really REALLY clicked and I loved his kids there might be a possibility, but otherwise I'm not going to actively seek out single dads.

• I would, but that's because I like children and it's rare to see a guy raising children alone, while women raising children alone are far more common.

• Most probably wouldn't want to be with someone that has kids.

• I don't think that's a thing. If it is it's pretty stupid.

• Seeing as how 90+% of single parents are women, how often exactly is this happening for you? If anything, women expect men to date them whether they have kids or not... not usually the other way around.