How common is it for college girls to want a "casual relationship"?

I'm talking about the kind where instead of going out to an expensive restaurant, the man makes the woman a nice meal himself. Instead of going out to a movie, they relax and watch a movie at one of their places. As a college guy who's broke I wouldn't mind a relationship, but don't want to spend out the ass to make her happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think any girl -college or not- would appreciate a man cooking them dinner and having them over for a movie night! When you said "casual" relationship, just hooking up came to mind. Cheap dates are not casual! It a great way to get to know someone - and more responsible than maxing out credit cards!

Mom didn't raise a fool, and her cooking was something amazing. So happy I finally let her teach me.

Then put that amazing skill to use! A man who cooks is totally sexy 😊

What Girls Said 17

• You consider that a casual relationship? lol I was thinking like an open relationship shorta thing. What you describe is just a relationship. Relationships don't need fancy dates and stuff, and being a college student as well, I'd probably prefer a chill relationship like that.

Haven't dated much in my life haha, so everything's been guess work.

• A lot of girls are down with that, fewer girls these days expect fancy restaurants - half of the time we just wanna eat.

• Not very common, especially with a NERD lmao 😂

1st year of college girls tend to be very into hook up. After 2nd-3rd year most girls want relationship.

He could but he has 100x less money then soros. Yes you heard me right. Soros has so much hidden money it's not even funny.

That scares me

• That's not a casual relationship...

• There will be girls who want a man to go all out his way to make them feel they have standards. There are girls like me who doesn't care about the fancy things. Time and effort is all I need. Honesty and loyalty. You will find a girl who wants to get to know you. Try to start off as friends get to know how she is , what she likes. Everything else will fall in place. Ps don't be in the friend zone to long or you will be that friend forever lol

• I would think most girls around that age would be like that. They all know how it is being in college and not having a lot of money so they wouldn't necessarily expect you to go out to an expensive restaurant and all. And if they do expect that then they really aren't someone you should want to be with.

• In the beginning, I think a lot of people put their best faces on and try to impress the other person by taking them to fancy places and doing fun activities. But as it progresses into something long term, yes, thats actually how a lot of people do it. Netflix and a home cooked meal is just perfect 👌🏼

• So you have to take us out sometimes.. it means a lot honestly and shows you care. but tbh i prefer staying in with a guy (:

• That's not casual lol. More like 'low maintenance' which I wouldn't mind.

• You shouldn't have to take her out for expensive meals. Yea ik it doesn't say guy takes out girl but that's what's implied. If she can't appreciate your effort then she's not worth it

• Fuck no. I do not go over a guy's house who I am dating. And I like dates.

• In my country not common at all. They want a long relationship or none and just focus on their study

• A lots of girls wants expensive things but a casual date is really nice.

• I smell a virgin

• I'm pretty sure that's how relationships are 90% of the time except maybe when they're really new. I actually prefer that

• It depends on the country. In moral countries very very very few girls may be sluts

• I feel like most college students or people in their 20s are like that.

What Guys Said 2

• Pretty common, IME...

The question, for said college guy should be, "Am I willing to 'spend out the ass' on a girl who doesn't understand I'm broke and in school, and seems to be out more for the date itself than to be with myself?"

• Dude I'm a college student and I could take a girl out