How do I stop this guy from stealing my crush if I'm still not sure how she feels about me?

I like her a lot but she's still sending me mixed signals even after I decided to stay away from her after what my so called, "friend", did, (he basically took her on a date and harassed me about it, then he knew I was mad and tried to apologize yet he still hangs around her. I figured I should leave her alone and let it go but she never did anything wrong, it's really just him. I'm asking this question because I'm lost, I don't wanna start a fight or anything but I feel like I'm just letting this guy come in and steal this amazing girl from me. Today they walked straight passed me talking and I can't stand it. how do I eliminate him from the picture?

What Girls Said 1

• No one can actually steal anyone. People are responsible for their own actions. Anyway, ask her out too and see how she responds.

What Guys Said 1

• He's not stealing her from you, she's not yours. It's really pathetic to not make a move and then get bitter about someone coming in who is proactive and does make a move. If you want her, you put in the effort and make a move otherwise accept that someone else will come in. Don't worry about him, do your own thing. If she rejects you then forget about it and move on.

I've been doing my own thing, I was taking it slow before he came along but when he did I just got distraught and decided to move on since thats what the majority of the people I asked said I should do. so I should just keep talking to her?