Has any of y'all had a successful relationship after breaking up? How did it turn out? Is it worth it?

Most Helpful Girl

• With the same person or with a new person? Both can happen.

Yeah, with the same person. Like have you been in a relationship and you broke up took time apart and came back and it worked out?

How long do you suggest being away and time apart without talking?

I don't think it works that way. You just get on with your life, and don't think about reuniting. It has to deal with who did the breaking up, what both people have going on in their lives and if the one who did the breaking up had second thoughts (to reach out again) and if the person who was dumped is still available and interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• Never gotten back with an ex. Came close, but never happened. It can be easy to fall back into a broken relationship because often times the love and comfort is still there. There was just a problem that at the time you felt could not be solved, so you break up. Little bit of time and that problem is either considered something you can overlook or something you can work past, then happy ever after. Orrr, you ignore the problems entirely. Have hot sex. Wet and wild times for a couple weeks, when you realize in your now sober mind, "oh shit, things are the same... what did ii dooo?". Fight. Breakup for good.

What Girls Said 9

• Are you talking about having a successful relationship with the person they previously broke up with? If so, yes, some people break up and get back together and are able to have successful relationships. In other cases though, it simply never works out. Some people try to force the relationship to work when they're just not right for each other. It depends on the couple though, of course.

Has that ever happened to you?

I don't think there's a "one size fits all" answer to that. It just depends on the dynamics of your relationship and what you are comfortable with. Personally, I don't have any contact with exes because I think clean breaks work best, and I wouldn't try to get back together with an ex. If you are planning on reconnecting with an ex, a few weeks of time apart may give you time to clear your head. Like I said though, it just depends on the person.

My ex has been having trouble with her family, parents divorced... money issues and all. I think she just got in a funk and wasn't happy anymore with the relationship. She said I was her best and she really loved me. We haven't talked in like 3 months. She just need time or what?

• I dont get back with previous ex boyfriends. Because I tend to find that a lot of times they rarely change and men just are stuck in their way until after 40. Thats when most men mature and really start looking to settle down.

• Yes and no. We broke up for 5 months. Didn't see each other at all in that time frame. I was very heartbroken. Then one day we got back together and it lasted 1.5 years more. Currently, we are still involved but its kind of complicated since our huge fall out in July. We love each other a lot, but I'm not sure its successful in any way shape or form. I think maybe its more of a 'first relationship syndrome' where I just can't let go and neither can he.

Do y'all fight or what? What do you think causes it not to work?

Yea, we fought constantly

Dang. So you still talk and everything?

• I have an invisible boyfriend named Steve. You have to look very carefully to see him.
    **squints eyes** 👀
    Jk
    I am single for life. 💃

• If you mean with the same person I had an on and off (for a few days) relationship with someone for over 4 years. I don't call that a success. If you mean with a new person, well I can't say but so far things are good with my new person.

Why did the one with the same person fail? if you don't mind me asking

We didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things. Plus he was rude, hated showering, and thought he was the greatest thing on the planet.

Lol how do you not like showering?😂😂

• I had an on and off relation with my ex. That was cause I used to make more efforts in our relation. He wasn't loyal to me and he broke my trust.
    Some people do not change, that's the reason getting back with an doesn't work most of the time.

How long after y'all broke up did y'all try again?

Now you're totally done with him huh? Do you still think about him and miss him?

Yes I do but it will take time to get over it and it's very clear that it's not going to work between us anymore after he did all that to me.

• For me , once we break up im gone.

So you would never be open to trying again even if major changes happened?

• Yes it happens sometimes, NEVER for me. My exgfs have said why? there's a reason we broke up, why would we talk? Good point!

• Nope

What Guys Said 1

• You be the judge
    Head over heels in love & lust when young with hedonistic young gal that eventually became Hitler in planning free time together and often left on summer vacations w/family so went on a break ignoring being treated like that and she - not being a pursuer (too proud?) - just stalked me once in awhile. Other gals would take me off the shelf & give it a go as a fling.
    Got back together, back in love & passion, got married, life got stressful and eventually she renewed her bad habits including her secret life with gals night out until she discovered a replacement candidate = divorce and I made the bad guy in surrealistic terms, in order to coverup her infidelity, retain position at work/social/family