Do you think that the expectations of men/women are too high?

Men, do you think that women's expectations of men are too high?
Women, do you think that men's expectations of women are too high?

Why, or why not? Comment below. Personally I think that a lot of women tend to have very high expectations. They're all looking for the perfect guy and no one can match up (including me).

• Yes, their expectations are way too high
  • Yes, their expectations are a lot too high
  • Yes, their expectations are a bit too high
  • Their expectations are fine
  • No, their expectations are a bit too low
  • No, their expectations are a lot too low
  • No, their expectations are way too low

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone on Tumblr put it well:

"lmfao i love reading mra/mgtow/similar faggotry bullshit where they write entire sociology essays on how they can’t get laid cause women are 'entitled' and 'princesses' as if it was a problem.

fun fact, bro: it’s good for the society when women are not easy to get. it’s one of the biggest motivations for men to improve themselves.

losers like you not being able to get pussy is not an error in the system - it’s the whole fucking point of it :^)"

Actually, I think that's how society used to work. The way to get pussy was to become stable, tough, get a job, earn some money, ready to fight in a war, then you get handed some late teen virgin to fuck and have kids with. So men did that.

From a societal standpoint, the 'problem' is that we are moving incrementally in the direction of a world where high income men and women marry, but lower income women don't marry, they live partly off taxes, most single men are perpetually single, and a small number fuck a lot of girls casually. The way for most guys to get laid in this world is not to get an average job and settle down, it's to spend all day in the gym. Otherwise, give up and play video games. The societal impacts of that is worrisome.

At the margins, it's happening. The U. S. continues to reach new lows for working age men who are actually employed. The unemployment rate is down, because they're not looking for work. Twice as many men are not looking, as technically unemployed

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys expectation are simple:
    1. Be attractive for him
    2. Don't get fat and stay active (aka watch your diet)
    3. Be a good person
    4. Be loyal
    5. Do something with your life that doesn't involve sex industry
    6. Don't be controlling
    7. Don't be clingy

Female expectation of men:
    1. Be attractive for them which usually mean being above average in several categories whether its height, face etc.
    2. Make more money than them
    3. Be very social and have some popularity
    4. Have a nice place
    5. Have nice clothes
    6. Have nice car
    7. Be entertaining and constantly spoil them
    8. Don't be clingy

the last point especially, they want us not to be jealous when they go alone at night with their male friend hahahaha and they say don't be clincgy honeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy. If I invest all of myself in a girl I beat the fuck out of her if she betrays me and I stay loyal all the time, especially when I am good looking and be loyal by refusing a lot of other girls.

Well, retail clerk or "following my passion" (aka. deluded freelance artist or some such while living off of daddy's money) isn't enough for me.

3 and 5 dont mean shit

What Girls Said 7

• Do you think that the expectations of men/women are too high?
    D. Their expectations are fine

In my opinion people can expect whatever they want.

• Some peoples expectations are a bit too high. You have below average looking men that think they can get a 10/10 model like woman. Or you have below average women looking to bag young handsome toyboys, or a tdh business man. So yes some people have unrealistic expectations.

• I've met people on both sides, I met men and women who were below average (not physically attractive, annoying ect) who expected to date a genius rich supermodel looking person, and I met others who I found to be above average who basically dated anyone.

• There's nothing wrong with having high expectations, so you can't have too high expectations.
    If your expectations are so high that no one fits them, then you'll either die alone or lower them.

• They're high in some aspects, in others they're not.

• Only on this site (again, there are exceptions to every rule).
    In real life I don't think so.

Right lol, on real life girls stare me all the time especially in gym and other social circles but only on this site when I posted my pic I got shitty ratings

@mits777 same story, but I get it without even asking for it. 😂
      Just trolls that are jelly. 😄

If it is you in your picture I think you are really good looking, would date/ hook you based on look only. You can't see my face in my pic here cuz I have anonymous mask :P

• In the general sense? No, I don't think so. But I do think some men as well as some women have high expectations of what they want in a partner. Even some of my own friends. I have some female friends that will go on and on in what they want in their next boyfriend. They are usually able to find guys they want though so that isn't really much of a problem. Some guys have ridiculous standards too, like they are out of shape but they want a girl who is fit and plays a sport. Of course, we all would like to date someone more attractive and successful than us, that's just human nature.

What Guys Said 12

• It's complicated. I think the majority of people under normal circumstances don't have unrealistic expectations and they're off the market by age 25. The older you get the more the market is filled with people with unrealistic standards. Some of these people always had unrealistic standards, others keep adding demands to their list, based on past experience (the person who cheated on you always showered for less than 8 minutes per day so now someone showering less than 8 minutes per day is a dealbreaker for you), others have standards that used to be realistic but got unrealistic since they've gotten old/fat/became a single parent, etc...

Special mention 1) Clubs and online dating/dating apps where skewed gender ratios and the large number of people on offer tend to induce unrealistic standards in people.

Special mention 2) Women who don't get that men lower their standards for casual sex: just because you once got a drunken 9/10 man to sleep with you at some point doesn't mean you can afford to wait around for a 9/10 man to sweep you off your feet and wife you up.

Special mention 3) neckbeards/basement dweller men who ae grossly overweight, unkept, don't have anything going for them, don't even have any interests besides gaming, and then complain on the internet how hey can't get any women over a 6/10 to even be remotely interested in them.

• This site is gonna give you a very biased view of dating. Guys have their lists of hot girls and the shit theyll put up with. Girls their lists of all the traits they want in their perfect man.
    A lot of talk about not settling yadayada...

It all changes when you love someone. Standards and lists dont matter, you love the person good and bad and end up being accepting... Thats how it really works.

• Most women I'm attracted to do have high expectations and I don't have a problem with that because I have equally if not higher expectations for myself.

it doesn't matter if you have high expectension yourself, you need to be up to their requirements lol not be a ugly guy and wanting a perfect chick

@mits777 Lol, yeah. I get you, I'm in a similar situation. The number of cute girls I know from from my immediate social circle has decreased dramatically since I finished school. Give some apps a try, I have to rely on tinder, going to clubs and even just approaching random cute girls in coffee shops in order to get any hot female interaction, lol.

yup bro. I should use those apps, I have either female friends or females that I am not attracted too on my small social circle of females.

• I like high expectations. It means she believes in my abilities. Everyone loves a fan.

• Real life vs social media expectations are so different. I consider myself below average in looks and my personality is not the best since I'm loud and awkward. What's strange is that I get stares from girls. Mostly the same girls I see at the rec centre and girls at work who I don't talk to.

• Professionally there are next to no expectations for women and men are expected to pick up the slack.

Socially is not even worth discussing because the whole system is fucked

• I think that men generally have high expectations of women, and women generally have low expectations of men.

• i think men expect too much from women in terms of beauty, and i think women expect too much from men in terms of wanting a fairy life

• Women's expectations are fine, men's are too low.

• For some women yes, for others no.

To be very honest, what I actually perceive more is that women have radically unrealistic expectations of themselves and for their own lives, then throw their disappointment on to the men they are with.

• Yeah men expecting a woman to read and reply later to their message when they are a good guy whilst they reply to other brash ones they care less about is too much if an expectation lol

Oh and the female displaying this As they blue tick and last seen updates

Not to mention acting innocent or being harder to read sexually with guys they value versus brash less sweet ones

Lol

• Not really. I just feel like 5s go for 11s