How do I know if he's in love with me?

I met this guy online a few months ago. We've grown so close, but about a month ago, we confessed our feelings for each other. Every day, I fall more and more in love with him. We've just dropped the l-bomb three days ago, and while I can feel he's in love with me, the part of me that has been played one two many times is fearful. I want some signs that I should look out for to show that he's in love with me, because I'm way in over my head. Words cannot express how much he means to me, and I just want some signs to quench that doubt. Its like I know he loves me, but some how, I just have to be sure. We're in a long distance relationship, and I would love some advice for that too. He's going to be in the military soon, and I don't know how i'm going to live without talking to him... he's hinted at wanting to marry me, if that helps :3 I'm 17, turning 18 in December. (:

Most Helpful Guy

• New relationships are always scary and you're always taking a risk. You're just afraid. You never really know I don't think if anyone is truly in love with you, some people are terrific actors. My advice is rather than look for the signs he's in love with you, look for any/all signs that he's maybe NOT in love with you. They are easier to spot. Is he truly interested in you and your life or does he only talk about sex for example or himself? Things like that. Do you both want the same things in life and in the long term? Marriage, children etc. Try not to get caught up in the "love" feeling and keep your logical thinking. If something doesn't seem right or off to you, don't dismiss it or think "you can change him". Look out for yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying assume the worst about him, we all make mistakes etc, just be smart :) Hope I've helped.

Most Helpful Girl

• If someone loves you , you'll know it. If not you'll feel confused and full of doubt

Most people you meet online are only passing through your life, they don't intend to stay. They're just passing time until something real comes along. Once their life changes then they no longer have a place for you in their life

Considering he's going in the navy I'd definitely not put much hope in it lasting

What Guys Said 1

• You don't know he's in love with you - you have to take him at his word.
    It's called trust. If you love him as much as you claim you must also trust him, otherwise the relationship is doomed to fail because without trust you have nothing

What Girls Said 1

• You guys haven't even met in person and you've only been talking for a couple months? Ya that's probably not love.