I've been told guys prefer girls who "play hard to get" and who don't "pay too much attention to them". Is that really true?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. But it is one of those things that girls generally believe is true, no matter how often it is shown to be false.

I personally think they believe it's true about guys, because it is true about girls, and they don't get how guys can be different.

A girl who plays hard to get, just stays not got. Or she attracts guys who like the chase more than they like girls. In which case once the chase is over, the girl is still on her own.

Girls tend to want what they can't have. Guys tend to want a girl who wants them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't where have you heard that nonsense from, but that is far from the truth. 'Play hard to get' can mean three different things:

1. The girl wants to play with a guys head to make him pursue her more, either as an ego boost, or to see what he will do.
    2. People like me: Who is just not interested. The guys still chase you even after you say no multiple times. But they claim that your playing hard to get.
    3. She's either just too difficult or unsatisfied.

Honestly, nobody wants to feel ignored or be made out like you don't even consider them. Some guys like jocks for an example may like that kind of thing because it gives them the ability to chase. And many people love the chase. But its bad when the guy is the only one chasing, and the woman is out of his reach. Or she refuses to be chased. So stop listening to everybody and get wisdom. Don't play the game. If you like them, tell them. If you won't, then leave it be. Because somebody is not going to play games and will talk to that guy you wanted to talk to, and then that's it.

What Guys Said 15

• The idea that men like a woman who leads them on a chase for their affection is a ridiculous concept and it's even worse that so many people believe that it is the truth.

If the interest doesn't appear as mutual, then he is going to assume that you aren't interested in him and he will just move on. We have to respect the possibility that a girl just isn't interested in us otherwise there are negative consequences for being too pushy for results. Like a restraining order. We don't like mind games nor can we read minds.

• Complete BS. Playing hard to get can be easily mistaken for lack of interest. Even if that doesn't happen, the guy could well realize you are playing stupid games and doesn't want to be with a girl who is making her first moves in a potential relationship a stupid mind game.

• That's a bunch of bullshit! If you act like you don't want me or pay attention to me when you are with me the this is me walking away to the next girl!

• Don't believe everything you hear and even less so on the internet.

Yes, the irony here is real.

(to prevent confusion, you can trust my opinion)

• Who the fuck told you that shit?

Just had a conversation with my mother as to why I don't have luck with guys. She contends it's because I pay too much attention to them

Well, respectfully, your mom's an idiot.

• No. Games are bullshit.

• not for me. if she is not showing much attention i assume she doesn't want me and i move on.

• No , not exactly. If they don't find time to connect with us we fly elsewhere..

• not true at all.
    a girl who does that shit will get dumped in a millisecond by a guy.

• Absolutely not most guys don't like being rejected so if you don't show interest they won't ask.

• "play hard to get "
    really listen stop readind cosmo magazine dear

• Not for me.

• ABSOLUTE NONSENSE. Be the girl who is different and does pay attention and thus attractive.

• No.

The only people who enjoy the chase are players.

Since women are often wondering how to land players, a lot of advice is aimed at trying to capture their attention.

Most guys hate it, or more specifically, will just assume you're not interested and move on.

• No!! That's some of the worst advice I've heard

What Girls Said 4

• I've been told guys prefer girls who "play hard to get" and who don't "pay too much attention to them". Is that really true?
    I find it is partly true. In my opinion guys prefer a gal who plays hard to get for other guys but very easy for him to get. Basically wanting a virgin/inexperienced gal who is a 'slut' for him. Or a gal who gets a lot of attention but only pays him attention.

• No. Guys like girls who have standards before dating them or giving it up, not girls who play cheap mind games to earn their affections.

• don't find a guy who are like that

• It really depends on the guy.
    I read some guys saying they prefer chase, I heard many many guys saying that's a bullshit.
    Honestly I think it's a bullshit.
    If a guy truly likes you, genuinely interested, he wouldn't mind you approaching him. and he would appreciate that.
    If a guy lost interest just because you didn't play hard to get, you don't want to be with that kind of guy anyways.
    A guy I just started seeing isn't a shy guy but he would never initiate any plan.. I ask him out almost every time.
    Howeverrr I'm not a big texter so we don't really text to eachother.. and I think that actually makes us miss and wonder each other more.
    Show the guy that you are interested. However do not invest too much time communicating with him. give him a space, time to think about you and miss you.