Did I do anything wrong with a first date with someone from online?

I just tried to schedule a bowling date with a woman and she seems to have stopped talking to me after I mentioned a wager. I'm guessing I should have been old fashioned. But how the hell was I supposed to know? Besides, I've had a number of first dates, but hardly any seconds and I was thinking women were just looking for a free meal for the night.

Updates:
1mo The wager was that the loser of the bowling match (yes, going bowling) was to pay for the date for the both of us.

0|0
1|1

What Girls Said 1

• Lol, that made you look extremely cheap.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Well, pardon me for not wanting to be taken advantage of as a free meal ticket.

• 1mo

Yes, I do not disagree with you. However, those are the consequences.

What Guys Said 1

• What happens on your first dates that makes women say "no" to your request for a second date?

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I don't know. I take them to a place (restaurant or similar setting). We talk, we eat, I pay the bill and then they say no. One time, a date paid for my food before I could even get my money out. I really don't know.

• Show All
    • 1mo

No, I haven't for the simple fact that I felt weird for asking such a question.

• 1mo

When I was online dating, I messaged a lady who was younger than me and I knew she might think the age difference was too much, but, I gave it a try. . . and she said "no." I then asked her for some feedback on my profile and she told me a few things that I had not considered and that caused me to make some changes. . . which led to more success with online dating. It doesn't cost anything to ask.