Did I do anything wrong with a first date with someone from online?

I just tried to schedule a bowling date with a woman and she seems to have stopped talking to me after I mentioned a wager. I'm guessing I should have been old fashioned. But how the hell was I supposed to know? Besides, I've had a number of first dates, but hardly any seconds and I was thinking women were just looking for a free meal for the night.

1mo The wager was that the loser of the bowling match (yes, going bowling) was to pay for the date for the both of us.

What Girls Said 1

• Lol, that made you look extremely cheap.

Well, pardon me for not wanting to be taken advantage of as a free meal ticket.

Yes, I do not disagree with you. However, those are the consequences.

What Guys Said 1

• What happens on your first dates that makes women say "no" to your request for a second date?

I don't know. I take them to a place (restaurant or similar setting). We talk, we eat, I pay the bill and then they say no. One time, a date paid for my food before I could even get my money out. I really don't know.

No, I haven't for the simple fact that I felt weird for asking such a question.

When I was online dating, I messaged a lady who was younger than me and I knew she might think the age difference was too much, but, I gave it a try. . . and she said "no." I then asked her for some feedback on my profile and she told me a few things that I had not considered and that caused me to make some changes. . . which led to more success with online dating. It doesn't cost anything to ask.