My boyfriend texts another girl?

so my boyfriend is really close to this girl. and we were talking about boundaries the other day, so he showed me his texts and i found out that he texts the girl things like "i love you", "i miss you" and sexual jokes (i dont know if there's more). he says he only treats her as a friend as says "i love you" and stuff like that as a friend. but im really bothered. and it is really obvious that the girl is flirting with her because she KEEPS ON texting him. and there was once i think they were skyping and he took hours to reply me. the thing is i think they started texting WHILE we were dating. so i think its at some point of time when he lost interest in me. but he says he only loves me and no one else. i really dont know what to do, or what to believe. i feel that it would be overbearing to ask him to stop texting her completely because he might be bored and need someone to talk to when im busy. i really dont know.

1mo guys he told that he's going to keep a distance from that girl so that i won't worry. should i trust and stay with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you need to tell him , take your pick it's either me or it's her
    as the way things seem he is cheating on you with that other girl.

sigh but i think after he picked me i won't even have the same amount of trust in him anymore. and I'll still be always worrying about things

I know how you feel and it's hard to break up with someone who has your heart.

Most Helpful Girl

• The other guys are right. He needs to stop talking to this other girl the way he does while he's with you. Talk to him about it. If he doesn't change, I would leave.

What Guys Said 3

• No, these are not good signs at all. You should definitely talk to him about this.

Reply to your update:

No, don't trust his word for it. Given the fact whatever you said about him, you should be cautious, just listen to his words don't say anything, don't react but just wait and watch his actions and then you can decide if you can trust him or not. Action speaks louder than words

"they still text though?"

Now, that depends if you are ok with it or not. It's not good that they are still texting and it shows some inconsideration on the part of your boyfriend, but then at least he asked you before doing so.

When he asked you, did you say yes? and then he started texting her again but not saying things like " I love you" to her anymore ( even as friends) am I right?

Am I understanding correctly?

he asked me and i said fine, but tbh its not fine at all for me that they are still texting. i just dont want to seem like an overbearing girlfriend, i want to not care so much anymore. and yes, he said he will stop the "i love you" thing.

• You are in great trouble not because of him but because of what you think about him.

• Yikes , I would definitely talk with him and see if he's cheating on you.

I would definitely keep a close watch on him after hearing your update on the situation.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly if I was in this position I would not be okay with that at all. he's YOUR boyfriend he shouldn't be telling any other girl he loves them like that it just seems odd to me. If it were me I'd ask him to stop texting her completely.

i feel overbearing to ask him to stop texting her. i mean he has already told me that he treats her only as a friend. wldnt i be demanding to ask him to stop talking to her :/

• You need to break up with him asap. This is not normal at all. He is cheating and you are going to keep hurt. Please take my advice and move on! You deserve better and somebody out there WILL treat you better.