Is it wrong for me being an African American girl to not like African American guys?

My boyfriend is Puerto Rican and I love the guy. But when we're out together, I get side eye from Latina girls and black boys. And my boyfriend gets death stares.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's very normal for Puerto Ricans to date interracially, so if latinas are side eyeing you it's not due to racism. They may just be jealous of your beauty. The guys I can't speak for because I'm not black or a man so I can't say what they may be thinking.

Oh really? I'm not exactly used to Puerto Ricans so I wouldn't know that. I've mostly been with Mexican boys. But with that said, it makes more sense.

What Guys Said 10

• You love who you love. I once dated a great African girl.

• your gonna always get that from separatist people , ignore them and enjoy your life dont let other sway you from what you want.

• There's no rule on dating. Honestly I'd be overjoyed to date a girl that is not white. A lot more to learn!

• So a black girl doesn't like black guys. Whoopty doo. That means nothing to me and it should mean nothing to you, being said black girl and all.

It doesn't but I hate when people tell me I'm SUPPOSED to be dating a black dude and that I self hate. People just need to chill

I haven't dated many Asian women. So what? What other people say doesn't affect how I date.

• No it not wrong we don't own u and u don't own us as simple

• There are tones of white girls not in to white guys. So fuck them.

• Nope it's not wrong, just people are stupid sometimes.

• well, if you don't like them BECAUSE they're black, then yeah, that's wrong. that's racism, but, if you don't like them for their personality, then no, that's fine

But I don't like them because they're black. I'm not physically attracted to them in any kind of way unless they look like Boris Kodjoe or August Alsina

• No, it's called a preference. Everyone has them.

• Black guys are usually ugly. I don't blame you.

What Girls Said 9

• No, its not. Your not attracted to them. And neither am I. In fact they aren't even attracted to me! Maybe for you its because of this crap they think, or excuses:

1. You act too 'white' or not 'Black enough'. I've heard that mess before too. Your human and so is your boyfriend. Ignore those jealous jerks. Your dating him, not them.

They have no say over who you should date, marry and procreate with. This is why they end up bitter and single, and can't keep their legs closed. And I'm not saying all are like this. But too many are, and I say men of all nationalities and ethnic background.

Yeah, I get that "You are too white for me" quite often. But I agree with you 100%

@Ariixi

They have issues, and pay them no mind. All it is, is lust and that's it. They want what they can't have. Best to leave it alone, and focus on your relationship with who your with. If they don't change their attitude they'll just die miserable.

• Not wrong at all. You like what you like girl.
    Black men are the only race of men to degrade their own race of women. When they are in trouble they call us for support, but when we are in crisis... where are they? Oh that's right putting Becky on a pedestal while calling us nappy-headed hoes.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SIcKCrF1-r0/hqdefault.jpg

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../...BDee%2BRussell-Lefrak.jpg

Black men are honestly stuck up. I couldn't agree more with your statement. And it is way worse in Texas than Illinois. I don't respect black men who don't appreciate a black woman because their mother, sister, aunts, and grandmas are black women. They shouldn't forget that.

• Not at all! I know exactly how you feel, I mean I'm attracted to black boys but I'm more attracted to Hispanic or European boys. And forget those other people, they're just hating on the fact that y'all aren't dating them.

• It doesn't matter - race shouldn't matter, like who you like!

• Nothing wrong with dating preferences as long as you aren't saying black guys are horrible people in general etc.

• No.
    There is nothing wrong with it. I am Nigerian, and I live in the US.
    I don't like the black guys here either. I have come across some really nasty ones. They are rude to the teachers at school, which surprises me. I mean were all in high school, now. We haven't all went through teacher problems and all that, and learnt from our mistakes.
    They are sent to the office and ISS a lot.
    Ant least those are my reasons for not liking them. We all have our opinions and reasons. ( '-')

• With any interracial relationship you will recieve hate from people. But don't let others stop you! I am white and my boyfriend is mexican we have had stares and have had rude remarks being spoken about us by other people but not directly to us. Just remember love conquers all! And it is not wrong either, whatever is your preference is yours not anyone else!

• WTF, no that's not wrong AT ALL, you love what you love! people need to respect that

• You like who you like. Nothing wrong with that