Ladies, should I go with my gut on this one?

So me and this guy have been dating for a couple of months now, and at one point I thought he was this close to asking me to be his girlfriend, officially.
When I'm with him he seems like he's crazy about me. He'll suggest we go to events together that are weeks away, he'll cuddle and talk with me for hours and not make any sexual advances, he'll text me 24/7, he remembers all the little things that I tell him and he's told his best friends about me... I have absolutely no evidence to think that he is untrustworthy.
Lately however he has canceled his plans with me three times, and for each time he had a perfect excuse and made me feel inside that I was just being silly.
But when I go back and think about it, and it's too strong to just ignore, I have this awful gut feeling that he's playing me. Should I listen to my gut? Or could I be wrong and loose a guy who really was crazy about me?

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should

• Well there are two separate things. One is are you an official (monogamous) couple. The second is if he's untrustworthy.

Deal with the first. Straight up tell him you like him and want to be just with him officially, and how is he feeling about that?

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should definitely listen to your gut, especially if your relationship is not exclusive.