Selfish/stupid decision?

My "boyfriend" hasn't talked to me in 3 weeks. He has done this before. This has happened to me in my last relationship. And I moved on after us not talking for over a month.(His excuse was that he lost my number but he could have wrote me on Facebook because he was on there everyday.! He could have came to my house. He could have wrote me a letter.) I only texted him 4 times that whole month. He was upset that I moved on and upset that I didn't tell him that I did. He thought we were still dating. What should I do this time? Am I wrong for moving on if he doesn't text me after a month (and I know he is okay and that his phone works?)

Most Helpful Guy

• Not wrong at all but don't you want to know why? I'm actually curious as to how you define boyfriend because the first one who lost your number? Really? I just can't imagine an actual boyfriend saying such a ludicrous excuse. and if suddenly another "boyfriend" isn't contacting you for 3 weeks? So yes, if you aren't getting your needs met from a relationship find one that does meet them. But how do you define boyfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• No you are not wrong. But I do think that you handled it poorly. Next time just officially end it with a verbal comment to him, not through text unless you had no choice. Its his problem for pretending like he lost your number. Sure, men needs their space and all. But to be honest with you, you also have to understand that men handle things differently than we do. Men can't handle that much stress. But overall he should have at least said something, not just ignore you like that.

What Guys Said 1

• If you don't break it off officially, technically you're cheating.
    I don't make the rules.

Break up with him before you move on.

What Girls Said 4

• Just send him a simple message saying:

"Okay, not dealing with this. You're clearly done so, so am I. Have a good life."

Then move on dot com.

• This relationship just sounds dysfunctional from the start, have a boyfriend who shows you just as much effort as you do them. Dont waste your time with him and his games.

• Personally, I would've moved on after two weeks but, my ex thought I was cheating since we hadn't officially broken up. If he's going a month without talking to you, he's obviously not that into you and you should move on.

• I would say you're right to move on if he's not making the effort to contact you but I would contact him and let him know that it's over. Of course then he may turn around and say 'oh no I do want you'- what you do then is up to you. Either way when you feel like moving on because of his lack of communication thats the perfect time to sit down with him and tell him what you feel and why. Maybe he isn't aware how much this lack of contact affects you or maybe he's just lousy- either way you'll only find out if you talk to him. Hope this helps!