What motivates you to live?

What pushes you to go through life? To go through the next day?

Most Helpful Girl

• Friends and family, the hope for love, and my future.

Thank you for mhg

You are welcome... Tough choice with all these answers.

But I guess life is about Friends, Family, Finding Love and seeing what the future holds.

Yeah it's tough choosing mho's ahah.
      Very well put.

Most Helpful Guy

• Expanding my mind, learning, improving my body and improving my soul, all under the umbrella of contentment and knowing yourself.

That's Good, at the top of the maslows hierarchy...

I was recently looking at it, I'm at the bottom

The journey is as important as the destination.

What Girls Said 2

• literally nothing at this point lol

We are in the same boat then lol

It's okay not caring about yourself, but you shouldn't put others at risk. I'm down right now too, so I'm trying to figure out how I can get out of this rut I'm in too... It's hard to fight, but it can be done. I hope that you can feel better too.

thanks lol i have emotional ups and downs like this often. its only gonna get worse when the holidays come. ill probably move in with my best friend and my godsons sometime soon. just until about March. that way ill at least have people to take my mind off of everything

• Food, my boyfriend, sleep.

Aww that's sweet. I wish I had a girlfriend, but I am unable to get one. So I gave up.

You'll find her haha

I can't say I won't, but I just feel like it will never happen.

What Guys Said 14

• Fear, 8 years ago i worked in this crappy store carrying boxes, I didn't have the money to attend college back then, but now that I'm close to finishing college, I think always about that store, I know where I'll end up if I quit, I can't quit, I'd rather die than going back to a crappy job where I'm treated like an animal, so to answer your question, fear is what keeps me from quitting
    Not very inspiring, I'm sorry, but it's true

It might not be fear for you, it's the desire to get a good job, that's what's motivating you to finish school.

• My goal of becoming rich, well known, successful, and using all of my resources to help people in need.

• Waiting for new episodes of my favorite shows, and wanting to see what future cars look like...

• Dopamine and burgers

• GOD has me here for a reason
    i wanna stay as long as he needs me honestly
    but i also want certain things myself
    so I talk with him and ask for his help
    in areas I have little control over

• See what I can achieve the next day

• Not dying

• Beautiful women.. ;D

• Friends and family. I don't believe that much in love.

• The will to live motivates me to live.

Why do you have the will to live?

I don't have any specific reasons for my want to live, I have a decent life so it never really came across my mind much.

Okay

• Nothing at this moment but scared of going hell

• Adamancy. Will, power, and pride. If I had it my way, I'd put a gun to my head. But, that would be just what my enemies want me to do. Purely out of stubborn hatred I go on. And maybe if I live long enough I'll indirectly pick up how to enjoy life again. For now, I'm just killing time, distracting myself and enjoying as many of the little things as I can.

Maybe I'll pass my life by, but that's just fine with me. I still derive enjoyment in the simple things. That's what I learned after so many years of despondency. Fuck it. You're not going to get what you want. Enjoy what you have.

The truth is, if you're still alive, you have a motivation to live. Whether it's simply fear of actually killing yourself or putting yourself in a dangerous situation or just your instinctual drive to live.

In fact, throw those in, as well. I've been close to death more times than I can count, whether from overdosing or getting shot at. The last time terrified me beyond words. I felt a terror and agony so pure that it transcends the concept. Beyond the capacity of words. So, that instilled a deep fear in me of dying. I don't give a fuck about death. I see death as peace. But the pain of dying terrifies me. And everyone has an instinctual desire to survive. That's ingrained in our DNA. Ironically, some also have the death drive, instead of a sex drive. But, that doesn't get rid of the animalistic need for survival.

• Fish tacos

• Money, it used to be winning over this girl who I had known all my life since I was young, I really liked her, girl was perfect and I saw myself getting along with her and being together yadayadayada, well it never worked out and I haven't met a woman who I am able to click with or am interested in fully the same way I was able to with her so now I have made my goal in life money and working all the time pretty much.

Same with me man. I'm just working and making money.