How to deal with unromantic guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I consider myself a very affectionate and romantic person. But I've been accused of being unromantic. Trouble is women want guys that are very aggressive with the romance. Big risk takers and that don't give a damn if the girl rejects them. They end up with the bad boys that have the skills but don't have the heart. The guys that just want sex. When they get a guy who has the heart for them but struggle with the skills due to liking her and respecting her... in the females eyes, he doesn't like her... no matter how hard he tries to tell her. Like me, I'm romantic but more subtle... I test the waters first. I don't care how tough you are, if a guy really likes a girl, he's gonna fear rejection to some extent. It's just reality, men are human beings too.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am currently dating one..
    He's not romantic, he hasn't really been showing his emotional part much.

You shouldn't be expecting anything from unromantic guys.. they just don't know how to play it.
    They don't think of buying roses, taking you out to romantic places and such. You just have to accept that that's how they are. Not because they not that into you.

I always go cuddly, affectionate, touchy all over my guy.
    My ex was very emotional guy he's super affectionate so it's still difficult for me to understand my current guy..
    O well..
    as long as your guy cares about you, you shouldn't worry. Like my guy doesn't take me out to nice dinner and stuff but if I ask him to take me to one, he would. If I need or want something he would try to get it for me, like things like that. You just have to be more expressive with unromantic or guys who are not showing his emotions much so he knows how you feel and he can work on it.
    Communication is the key!

What Guys Said 13

• My answer will breed more questions from you but ask them of others, there's too little time for all of them that will arise.

The guy WILL become romantic
    once you style & position yourself to be The One he can't live without in his life, can provide each/every fantasy to every necessity... in spades. Once hooked securely, thereafter all it takes is a brief vacation away to pull his chain & realize how mus you mean & how he misses you. Now blossoms the romantic gestures.

• As a guy who no matter how much he likes a person still can't fully navigate the social norms of dating I can say this. If you like him a lot than you should try to understand that it in all likelihood does not mean that he likes you less than a super romantic guy, your boyfriend probably just doesn't show his affection is conventionally romantic ways. If you can't get over him not being romantic though then just break up with him because it probably will never get any better.
    Personally as I said I am naturally like that, but I have tried to work my way out of it and honestly if you have a discussion with him there is also a shot that he can consciously make an effort to be more romantic.

• well you liked him for other reason and one of them was the lack of romance so i dont see why you're complaining now

you can either leave him for someone romantic (good luck) or just deal with the fact that he is not a romantic movie star

• unromantic guys dosent mean that he don't love u but they don't like to show their feelings all the time like others so accept it and if they don't show their feeling but u can show them and tell them that u like if u do this and that for me

• Don't date them?

• You be the romantic one, it isn't just one way.

• Stop falling for unromantic guys...

• Leave them so they can find an unromantic woman, and you can find a romantic man.

• If you don't like him don't date him.

• Guys who unromantic have mommy issues... mothers in first world countries don't exactly treat their boys well

• Easy, learn to find things more romantic and also known as be more open minded.

• There are a few guys that know how to play both romantic and more primal
    but you have to ask for the romantic side as otherwise they may think they would be coming on to strong though they probly still want to let there primal side out as well.

• You learn to be the romantic one rather than expecting the man to do everything and all your doing in the relationship is spreading your legs for him.

What Girls Said 7

• All you can do is accept him the way he is. You can't force him to be romantic if he isn't, because it would be too fake and anything he did for you romantically... wouldn't come from the heart. He'd be doing it because he felt obligated to , not because he wanted to with his own freewill.

Romantic gestures would have no value to me if it wasn't coming from his heart.

• Love is not about the romance. its about accepting who they are their flaws and imperfections and loving them for it. if a persons flaws are that he is unromantic and you find your self needing to 'deal with it' you probably dont love him. so to be honest he isn't the right man or women for you.

• Tell him what you want. He won't give it to you if you don't tell him. Guys love their girls in their own ways, not like the movies.

• Ohhhhh I'm actually dealing with one now. It's kind of hard you know because he isn't romantic but he is good at giving me his attention. Maybe try to tell him what you wanted him to do because unromantic guys are just guys that don't know what to do but if you tell them, they'll give you their best

• You can't change them, so treat them as they are.

• Simply don't get involved with them to start with.

That's why you got to love your son and not mess his life up. most women hate having baby boys

• If you can't accept him, then break up. There is no other solution for changing them