It's the typical "Bad boy, Good girl" situation. Can opposites actually work?

I'm the typical good girl. Don't drink, don't do drugs and I'm going to college. I'm always very sweet but also speak my mind and have a lot of confidence...
My boyfriend well he's involved in some very questionable things. If I'm not comfortable with something I'll straight out tell him but we are very different. We've been dating for 3 months now and my parents of course do not like him but his parents adore me. He spends most of his time running around after others, doing "business", at clubs etc. I like the thrill and experiences he gives me and he told me he likes that I'm very different to the people that he associates with but do opposites tend to work in long run? Or is it more likely to be temporary

• Could go either way
  • More likely to fail
  • More likely to succeed

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• From experience: I used to be a super good girl: good grades, rarely drink, no drugs, no partying, great good friends. Then I started dating a guy who I thought was good but, after 6 months, all the shit same out. He was doing all sorts of drugs, tobacco, close to alcoholic, started skipping classes and failing, skipped work, accidents, etc. I tried leaving him several times but, he always said he was going to change but, never did. I was a very very patient person and gave him two years of my life before I woke up and smelled the flowers and moved on. He still does all the shit, he went to jail several times, I picked up some bad habits, and I'll never be the same again. It's one of those life experiences that changes you forever.

What Guys Said 6

• Heading for good girl tried to tame bad boy and fails miserably more like bhahah.

• a lot of "good" girls try and fix the "bad" guys and it rarely works. Most likely you're wasting your time and will only end up hurting yourself.

• Bad Boy + Good Girl = a dead woman and a man spending life in prison.

• Seen many fail

• More likely to fail, but certainly not sure to fail.

• As you're not a drug dealer yourself, I imagine you are quite different from those he associates with.

Does it tend to work? Uh, he won't change. Guys in his situation are also... uh... rarely faithful. They have their good girl who they know isn't fucking around on them, then a bunch of sidepieces.

What Girls Said 4

• Lol I've been there! lol except at the time i was the exact "good girl" i was even enrolled in private catholic school (lol those days were god awful) but anyways. The guy i was dating was also involved in some "private business" and i had no clue at first lol. I shouldve known when we met at a party lmao. But yeah the whole good girl and bad boy thing doesn't really work in the long run. The life goals dont really match and one of you will end up wanting the other to change something about themselves. And we should all know that we can't make others change. :)

• I'd say more likely to fall because he's not a good influence. Honestly, it's easier to be pulled down than to pull someone back up.

• The guy that I'm talking to is sweet but is a bad boy and I have an attitude but I'm a good girl

• bad boy good girl don't work so this would not working either