Does Online dating really work?

who has ever tried online dating and does it work? it seems full of scammers and desperate men who want to take advantage of women.. i'm so pissed.

please share your experiences if you have any!

Most Helpful Guy

• I would kinda recommend any site that isent a dating site really. People always have motives there, from harmless to terrible, if approach or look for people where they are just themselves, not looking for dates really, it would probably yield more succses, kinda what happen to me anyway. Had 3 online dating relationships, never looked for it nor was it a dating site, it just kinda happen. Dont regret any of them anyway. Currently been in a LDR for over 3 years now. But like any relationship, it requires work naturally.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am in a LDR with someone I met online (not in person). It has it's positives and negatives. In all honesty, it can be really exciting/thrilling to speak with someone and feel you have an 'instant connection'.
    I recommend signing up to an official dating site such as Match (dot) com if you want to find a majority of people who are serious to find a match. I have heard great success stories from couples who would have never met other than online due to work schedules and their social lives being different.

match. com is good? I'm shocked, I keep reading reviews on the popular dating Apps and they all seem horrible... I have had my fair share of horror from OkCupid and I'm almost giving up. it so difficult to find a genuine person... maybe I don't know the "tricks" of the game

What Guys Said 13

• Worked for me, which means it worked for another woman. If you dont like the messages you're sent, send some out yourself instead. That's what my girlfriend did with me.

• A friend of mine got married to a woman he met online, she turned out to be both physically and emotionally abusive, cheated on him for 2 years then divorced him and took everything.

So I guess that's a win for online dating right? They did get married and all that...

I've tried online dating but it was a NIGHTMARE!!! I met sooo many legit crazy/shitty people that I decided to take a break from dating for a couple years after I decided I was done with online dating.

Almost every woman I met online, who actually was looking to meet people not just trolling for ego boosting attention, turned out to be cheating on their husband or fiance. With 2 exception, a very overweight catfish who "fell in love with me" after hanging out for a few hours. And a second also very fat catfish who seemed normal, but I didn't hang around to find out for sure.

om-goodness, that sounds horrible and hilarious... thanks though. it's a real challenge to find a genuine person... it's complex or am I the complex one?

yeah very true, I've kinda reach a sort of ennui about it all. Anyway, best of luck if you choose to continue your pursuit of online matching.

lol, thanks but I gave up as well

• It works. I had many women tell me of their experiences online and I now know why women say all men are the same. I'd like to put all thsoe idiots out of their misery. I know people who found the loves of their lives. They are very happy. Ladies, there are good men on there. There are ways you can tell if you have one beyond having to believe the guy. I had a lot of success as well.

• It's much harder to convey your self in online dating i tried doing a video presentation for it I wasn't great and the link got removed by a moderator or bot for linking to external sights ie you tube unlisted video.
    As a guy it to much work and it doesn't feel like the real me as a girl you get a barrage of messages from all the numbers game guys.
    If you do use it id say go for Bumble though i think im going to try speed dating im not in any mad rush though since finding someone right enough for you and dating is pretty time consuming.

• It can work if you're a) a girl (though expect the occasional dick pick), b) a really hot guy, c) a normal guy with very low standards in either the looks or personality departments (well both actually, who am I kidding...)

• I met my girlfriend on fetlife

• It's full of desperate men, but why paying attention to those?

Just write to the guys you like, and ignore the others. There are plenty of good men to choose. Make a date fast, and see if there's real chemistry.

• It works more for women. They have all the options and power on those sites.

really, I was thinking the exact opposite. the men have more power n control

• thats can be helpfull but its all about the character of front of you (man-girl)

• I would only use it to find people in my area that I might not meet in person except for meeting them online.
    Like there are 3 schools around here so I most likely have not met a lot of people from the other 2 schools so I try to meet them online and then in person.

• Yes, it can work, but it's rare. Most people are bullshitters. I do have a friend who found his wife on Match. com. They both swear by it... even auditioned to be in their commercials...

• Its does only for those who are Rich, Smart and Attractive in general. end of story

• Yeah but it's really hard and there are lots of scammers on certain sites so be careful

What Girls Said 6

• Personally I haven't, and I wouldn't

I know quite a lot of people who have and who do, but most find they face too many rejections which lowers their self-esteem. It's rare they even get a date. If they do , it turns out a disaster.

So I guess you have to take rejection really well if you are pursuing people online. Online dating is common now though. I honestly believe there's more unsavoury people than genuine people online

you are completely right... you have to have serious self confidence to stand the rejections of online dating... luckily, I have been reluctant to go on any dates with people from online... I have this fear that, they might not be who they portray on their profile...

I have become very conscious now... yea. thanks for the share..

That's good. Good luck anyways 💗

• I found my current boyfriend through okcupid. He is introverted and has different interests than me. I would never have met him if I had given up on online dating. I think its well worth it, even if I had to sort through hundreds of people just to find one good one.

• It always goes two ways. Terrible because of how bad profiles are or good because of some miracle you found the 1/1000 person who isn't full of it.

• Yes, for some people. 😊

• I've met some really nice men from online dating. It wasn't going to work but they were nice, gents and NORMAL! And none of this wanting photos or being seedy. Then I have also come accross some right weirdos and seedy people.

My last boyfriend I met online, we were together 2.5 years. He turned out to be a compulsive lier, who physically cheated and sexted his exes and other women for months! Possible a narcicist! However, whether I'd met him online or in the street I'd never had known these things until getting to know him anyway so that's got nothing to do with the online bit.

• It really depends. You just have to be VERY cautious. And really investigate on this person. Making sure it is them but as always you gotta make sure they want you for the right reasons. Personally I'm done with online dating. I've had 2 serious relationships and thy were the biggest heart breaks XD. Both bullshit liars and cheaters in the end.

wow, sorry about that... I'm lost for words... what is this?

absolutely, I learnt a lot from it... got me reading around and now more than ever.. I'm well informed and will never send money to anyone no matter the circumstance..

Realise that those problems you experienced had nothing to do with arranging the date online, and would equally happen offline too.