Would you approve your daughter of being in a long distance relationship? (From Nevada to New York)?

• Yes
  • No
1mo I'm 17 almost 18 In 6 months

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure! If she's in an LDR, that means that she's not in local relationship which is the kind of relationship in which she might get knocked-up.

The further away from my daughter her boyfriend's penis is, the happier a daddy I become.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be hypocritical of me to forbid it because I'm trying to have one myself if it works out between us... he's in California and I'm away for school but will be back home on the east coast this summer. He's moving back there too in a year or two so yeah, don't see the problem with it

What Guys Said 23

• I voted no but I wouldn't forbid or stop it since you're essentially 18. I would advise against it - heavily - but I'd also know that while I was pretty sure it would end in her getting hurt in the long run it's that first, big heartbreak we all have in our lives that teaches us, over time, to learn to develop healthy outlooks on dating. So while I'd try to keep her from getting hurt because that would be my fatherly impulse I'd also know that it would ultimately be a learning experience if she felt so strongly about it. And if/when it does end - as 99% of long distance relationships do at this age - I'd be there for her and would never, ever say I told you so.

• I would not forbid her but I would not like it either. I would warn her about getting heartbroken and/or being cheated on by a guy who is so far away. It would be like she is throwing all of her eggs in one basket and missing out on so many opportunities for a guy who is not even there.

• No because I can't be on the porch cleaning my gun like any good father when he drops her off from their date.

• I would be okay with it as long as she was open about a lot of the details and I could confirm the identity of the boyfriend.

• Why would I care?

• Why wouldn't I?

• Not as long as she's under my house (and under 18). If she's 18, then I would sit her down and discuss this with her as it appears she doesn't quite seem to have good enough judgement yet.

• It wouldn't bother me. That doesn't mean I would be taking her to New York to see the guy in person. I might support a meeting assuming the guy is approximately her age and I could talk to his parents.

• Hey as long as she's staying safe sure.
    Wouldn't recommend it but the heart wants what the heart wants.

• As long as she doesn't cajole me into giving her some of my FF miles to fly to see him.

Which DID happen (a certain female relative, not a daughter)

• Why not from new york to saturn?

• Not likely at your age, as there's a lot of creep motherfuckas out there. You'd have to have a Pre existing relationship.

• Sounds like a father's dream: a guy who can't possibly bang his daughter.

• How did you meet the guy?

• I wouldn't let my daughter to be in relationship.

• Yeah, as long as the partner loves her and treats her right.

• Whatever makes her happy.

• Yeah. If she is happy about it. Then no big deal.

• I don't have a daughter, but yes of course.

• Yea but honestly I would tell her it's a waste of time

• I personally don't believe in long distance relationship

• I'd tell her it's a pathetic waste of time and that she should focus on her schoolwork.

• I don't

What Girls Said 6

• As long as you keep an eye out for whoever this guy is and make sure he's not some dangerous pervert trying ro catfish her. there's nothing wrong with young love. Its better to be more connected with your kid than so apart. Not knowing what she could be hidding from you is a path you dont wanna take as a parent.

• I honestly don't believe in online relationships and they never worked out for me anyway 😂😂

I'd let her be in a long distance relationship as long as she doesn't do something insane without telling me. like for example moving to her boyfriends area just to surprise him. it's her life after all.

• I would want to meet the guy before she goes over to visit him though, and remind her that any photographic/videos of her naked will be called childporn and are illegal. I mean, as a 17 year old of course. But besides that no problem.

• Uh sure. Why would I care?

• i wouldn't go against it

• no, because that's always finish bad (cheating and all)