Would you ever date a younger girl/guy with a huge age difference?

This is a question for the older guys and girls.

And this question has nothing to do with me. Im just wondering

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont have a strong opinion on it. Attraction isn't a always a choice. So if you meet someone under mutual circumstances, common interests and other things will build attraction. Age is soemthing you find out as part of the process, but i dont think you just shut off if you find they are 19 or 26, or whatever. Atteaction isn't bound to age alive entirely, but being somewhere close to life experiences does.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have dated younger guys I somehow was only attracted to them and only attracted them. None of them were more than regular hook up partners. I was working out all the time it fed my ego. I was in a long term with a guy about 6 and a half years younger. It he was immature honestly no motivation. The last couple have been my age or 5 years older the current one both seemed more promising more real. We were mentally at the same place wanting something more stable no drama. Cooking for each other talking at a higher level I could have them around my friends and it felt more natural. One was a trained chef who could talk about culinary art and giving a five star ⭐️ shine to appetizers do they looked straight out of a cookbook. The older ones of same age don't want to play. They are romantic and charming and know how to court a woman we do t always get physical even though we want to we do family Days we admire each other's parenting and cooking 🍳 and sweetness and loyalty matter a lot. Looks matter and sex matters but other things matter more. And we put away our cellphones to give each other full attention. I still exercise but lately less the work schedule restricts my time. And dating takes my time. But I still do it 3 days a week instead of every day

What Guys Said 33

• I like the age equation thing that people use.
    Divide your age in half, add seven.
    For me that's 16.5. I round down, so 16.
    16 is 3 years below me, and according to the equation that's youngest I should reasonably date. And yeah, I'd date a 16 year old.

But I don't know if everyone else does this with the equation, but I like to say that if I took the difference (3), and added to my age, that's the oldest I'd date (22). But I don't even know if I'd wanna date a 22 year old lol

• i would but with the bad fall out from my last attempt im thinking its safer to almost stay with my own age group. but if it happens i won't complain. but im not gonna jump the train to go looking for a younger girl.

and a for the bad fall out she was in her 20's and it involved me being in rehab and her her ending up pregnant with 2 other guys kids and she got HPV what ever the hell that is since im not one for promiscuity's

• Yeah sure. As long as she is an adult, then I don't care. If we end up splitting up, then we still had some good times together. I don't see it as being "unsuccessful", just the end of something that once was good.

• Possibly, but it would have to be an outstandingly great situation. Not always, but most of the time, complications will arise from such a huge gap. Like I said, the situation has to be pretty much perfect in order for it to work.

• I dated someone 10 years younger than me and it was a disaster - I would think for a very long time before going for a much bigger age gap.

• I wouldn't rule it out if we really made a connection - but I can't really see myself with someone in her 20s. "Half your age +7 years" would be 25 for me now - someone in her late 20s? It could happen I suppose, but I'd be surprised.

• What's a huge age gap to you?

Foe me I don't want to have to use any of the below

1. DWR... As in Danger Will Robinson, her dad will kill you when he finds out your age.
    2. Do you have my age? Good, now add a decade.
    3. I was learning how to drive when you were born.

• Not for a serious relationship. For a serious relationship my limit would be an 18 years girl but I have my rule, is a crazy one. I call it the 5 years rule, I am not gonna date a girl who is more than 5 years older than me, neither one who is more than 5 years younger, why? Between more bigger a generational breach is between two or more persons, less things they will share in common.

• My wife is 5 years younger than me

• If she was mature enough, yes. The issue I've found is that by and large younger women simply aren't that mature (emotionally or intellectually).

• It just depend on how mature she is and what type of woman she is. I wouldn't date her if she wasn't responsible and lazy.

• It depends on what you mean by huge. Typically, the closer in age we are the better. Dating a 16 year old is out of the question for me, and it has been for 13 years. Now, would I date a 21 year old? Perhaps. It depends a LOT on how we mesh together.

• Well a lot younger for me would be like 18 years old. If the girl was mature enough, I'd date her. Attracting a girl that age is easy, but at that age, people are still very green.

I am a completly different person even since this January! All my friends are like your age or older haha

• I am, so... yes?

• depends on how large the gap really, and the person. Women can often mature much earlier than men. I've had interest from some 10 years younger but it can be difficult to get your head around to want to get involved even if you do like them.

• What's considered huge?

indescribable huge

No but like 10 years or more apart

So would I, a guy who's 2 years shy of 30, date a girl who's conceivably still in high school? 😐

I find this a disturbing question. I might as well line up at the stoning wall to be stoned to death by society. I can't imagine a girl that age would have the emotional maturity to be with a guy my age. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I should`ve been more specific i know.

See the thing is that i said all older people should share their opinion. By old i mean 30+. People who are not young adults.

Young ones are also welcome. But don`t point that my question is disturbing then.

• Yes we like to choose younger girl, we having expeience, we can satisfy her more than a younger guy, we spare more time on fore play than hurrying up for main course. It is not the age that matters, ROMANCE that a guy has that matters. Hope, I have answered your question. I can extend romance online too. I welcome girls those who like to have.

• of course

• What is huge?

Perhaps I would date someone seven years younger than me, but I doubt I would go further than that.

• ----No----

• I'm 27 and age is just a number
    If she's 18 and we have a mutual connection anything is possible

• No, I have done in the past with age gaps of 9 years with one and 8 with another. The issue is that they're usually really immature no matter how well we get on the immaturity shows as soon as you have a fight.

• At 23, I had an 18yo girlfriend, when I was 30, I had a 24yo girlfriend, now I'm 35 and my current girlfriend is about to turn 27.

• Yes, as long as she's of legal age ( 18)

• No, too immature nowadays

• If she is worth it I would.

• Hell yes!

• I will love is love to me

• Why not?

• no but if i love girl over 18 it can be

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 17

• I'm 23, but from experience I have never had a older guy tell me "your too young". BUT, you did say dating. Sleeping together? Yes yes yes, they do not care. Dating? No, only certain type of people can do that successfully. I have been dating 35+ (okay really 40+) since I was 19. No, I don't have daddy issues! I just don't have the time or the patience to deal with men who want me to marry them and be their mom.
    Yes, majority of men see a young girl and they automatically would say yes, I would sleep with that. Now dating? Not so fast. It takes skill and time and work to actually date an older man. Depends on how mature you are for your age. So yes, but have your sh*t together.

• Ehh most likely not. I'm 21 and my preference goes for guys between 20-25, I prefer to be around the same age for various reasons.
    If the guy is great I might be ok up to 12 years older, but that's the limit and will most likely not happen.

• i can do -10 from my age
    though -7 to -5 from my age is more ideal
    beyond -10 i don't see it working because lots of people in their early 20s are still figuring themselves out; so their values and interest change faster than an instagram feed

• I have dated guys much younger... but it was just a fling. I don't want a long term relationship with someone that much younger than me

• Well right now my boyfriend is 20. I don't date younger guys I was always attracted to older guys, but if he's worth being with I'm willing to date some younger. As long he is in his 20's I can't see myself with a 19 year old

• No because that'd be someone who's a kid. Lol

• Considering the fact that I'm 19, a huge age difference would be 4 years, so the guy would be 15. Would I date a 15 year old? Nope.
    I would only date someone younger than me if the age difference was only 1 year.

• I'm willing to date a guy 2-5 years older than me. I'm not interested in men younger than me.

• Hmm... no. I need a mature guy around my age. atmost a four/five year difference.

• Ha-ha-ha
    I wouldn't date someone younger than me. Nope, not happening. ( '-')

• Nope, they don't have the same mentality as me or are immature.

• I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 24

• Even the same aged men behave and act like a child sometimes. Nope! Not even in a dream

• Yes, I would

• I've been dating to this younger guy about 2 y younger but the thing was not working and that was bad memories for me, so no, i won't date younger.

• Im 18 and my man is 26
    I love it. he's in control of his life and i feel calm and safe around him because of it. there's no bullshit which I love but at the same time if he thinks im being immature he brings me back down to earth pretty quickly.

• If he was mature, sure. but all the younger guys I have met who flirt with me, want to get with me for bragging rights. So, no. Probably not.