Is it okay for my girlfriend to have platonic dates while I'm deployed for six months?

I just left for a 6 month deployment and both girlfriend and I miss each other terribly. She misses going out, but she clearly does not want to have sex with anyone but me. She has the idea that maybe she can sign up for an online service and post a profile stating her situation and that she just wants to be taken out, but is not interested in a romantic relationship. I'm okay with this as long as she keeps me well informed. She has made it clear she has no romantic interest in other men.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I don't think thats ok.
    Either just break up or stay together. I feel like that would only lead to issues between you two.

Most Helpful Guy

• First I doubt any guy is going to take her out and not try to get something in return. Second do you really want to go on a date with another guy? what happens if they have an amazing time? This sounds like a horrible idea she should go out with friends or if she is living on base meet some of the other women whose SO is on deployment.

she will make clear her situation to any potential date, but you do state some good alternatives, like a support network.

I think she should try the alternatives before doing something as extreme as going on dates with other guys. I realize she would state the situation in her profile but I still think guys will try to take it further.

you are right, it might not stay that way, but could end that way

What Girls Said 3

• If your OK with it, it's your relationship

that's a very insightful answer!

Well hun at the end of the day the people saying no don't know your relationship. How you are or how she is to say it won't work for you

• Did she hear of something called 'friends'?

• Nope.. not ok. She wants to be taken out... lol. Get a dog, or a hobby, go out with friends, volunteer, go to school, get a second job... why would you want to invite some random dude into your relationship even if you really believe her... and i don't by the way. Clearly you are not into an open relationship or you wouldn't be asking this question...

currently don't have an open relationship, but in a very trusting relationship... if a situation came up, we would discuss it.

she is NOT interested in a romantic relationship with another man

not the point... she is pretending to be to get guys to take her out... low class user... i would nt trust her to clean my toilet.

What Guys Said 4

• Good luck man. Getting cheated on is just another part of being in the military. I would be wary of this shit tbh.

• Sounds sketchy

• does she not have friends?

Sounds pretty sketchy to me,

she has plenty of friends, but really can't afford to go out much on her own

Then why does she need MORE attention?

she is one of those women who really likes that attention

• You need to do some preemptive cheating now.