When your 16, what's the oldest you can date?

If it were in the uk, where 16s the legal age, how old would be too old to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no law dictating who a 16 year old can have sex with, but there are many laws dictating who can have sex with a 16 year old - if you follow. (I say "have sex", because technically there are no laws concerning courtship, as long as you abide by the laws concerning sexual affairs.)

In the United States the age of consent ranges from 16-18 depending on the state. In my state (Illinois), the age of consent is 17, with the limit of a 3 year age difference. Meaning that a 17 year old can legally have sex with someone as young as 14, and you can be no older than 20 to have sex with a 17 year old. In any case that violates a law concerning age of consent, the younger party is innocent, and the older party is charged with the crime (which is what I was referring to in the first sentence).

In my state, it's called the 3 year defense. So, having sex with someone underaged within 3 years is still statutory rape, but due to the age difference, you have a *defense* for it in court. But you could still get thrown in jail for it.

Mmmm. I'm not sure if most states have it at 16, though I know quite a few do have it at that. Though, even though they can legally have sex at 16 with whomever they wish (I think), it's still illegal to film them naked or having sex until they're 18, even in the age: 16 states. In Texas it's 17, I know. Lemme see.

Oup. Yep. Like 30 some odd states it's 16: the majority. And only 10 states have it set at 18. I personally don't see much of a difference between a 16 year old and an 18 year old, anyway. At least, I was about the same in both ages.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was thinking 20, but according to the half your age plus seven rule, it does not work, so 19 would be the maximum. I can relate, because when I was 16 I wouldn't be interested in anyone more than 3 years older, I felt like it was a bit too old for my taste, lol.

What Guys Said 15

• Probably no higher than 19.

• oldest? max 1 year hardly. because i prefer dating younger than me.2 or 3 years or max 4 years younger than me

• That would depend on your thoughts/ideals. I would never date a 16 yr old by any means.

• You decide that

• Legally? No limit. You could date an 80-year-old man. Practically? in my opinion about 20.

• Avoid World War 2 vets.

• I'm not from the UK but I subscribe to the +/- 2 year rule. Over 18 I generally say no more than 5 years because of generational differences but it's not etched in stone.

• you can date at any age

• No idea
    I don't care tbh
    Age is just a number
    There are other important things to worry about 😶

• I dated an 18 year old when I was 16. I probably wouldn't have went above that at the time.

• Wouldn't say there is an age limit I guess it comes down to what the person sees as reasonable

• You can date even an 80 year old oil baron and wait for him to die and remarry a young man again.

• The age where there are a miniscule number of suitors is 45 and above.

• At 17 years old I'll go as high as 23

For a girl?

Seriously. Wow. Where did you speak with her?

Google+ sorry for the late reply

• If i was in the UK i would marry someone of legal age. I really like to Love a female not into the all sex scene cause that spoils things.

What Girls Said 8

• Well, my own personal rule is 2 years older or 2 years younger. Because that's sorta the socially acceptable thing to do. I think that 3 years is kinda pushing it, so 2 years is the most that it can be. If you and your partner are mature about things and serious, the limit could be 3, but I think that 4 is a little too much.

• Depends on the relationship you have, if the person is in a position of trust over you, then you need to be 18. It also depends on the close-in-age discrepancy, and other stuff. The oldest a 16yo may date is 30.

• Well my boyfriend is 19 . I'd never date someone older than that. it's not good

• At that time I viewed anyone in their 20's as old 😱😂so I wouldn't have dated anyone over 19

• In Australia, you can date whatever age you wish to. But anyone under 16 cannot have sex with ANYONE! If you are over 16 you can have sex with other 16-17 yr olds. Only an 18 year old can consent to sex with people over 18... Hope that made sense

• I'd say max 19

• I would say 18 or 19.

• I was sleeping with guys in their early 20s since my early teens

That's not good

if you want to ask any follow-up questions its ok

Oh okay. Well personally, I think you should have reported them, what if they exploit other young girls now? But you having no regrets means it's none of my business. Just, good luck for the future