Dating Sites?

OK I have never used a dating site before. but due to lack of ability to put myself out there and being alone for almost a year in a new city I have seriously considered using one. do you think its stupid or dangerous? I found one that looks for matches in your hometown and have been thinking about using it. I looked around on it, some of the guys up here seem pretty real and are just having as much trouble meeting people as me. should I use it? or am I asking to be used for sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not dangerous if you use a reputable site like match or eharmony. You have the ability to share/not share as much info as you want, and you can control who you talk to with the anonymous emails that those sites offer. If you get to a point where you feel like the person is decent, you can give them your Facebook/gchat and go from there. I've used match.com before to much success, and there are a lot of decent people on those sites. You just need to make sure you are cautious and use your intuition. Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• Just make sure that when you do go on a date that it's in a public place with lots of people. A bowling alley for example. Agree to both meet at the location so you don't have some strange guy driving to your house. Also you won't be used for sex unless you let them. If you don't want to be used for sex then don't put out for a while. A guy who just wants to use you will move on to someone else if that's all he's looking for.

• Really it depends on you and how you control meeting people just be open but cautious as well and just know what you are looking for.

• Stupid. You girls are not going to meet a guy alone like me, anyway. Wasting time.

What Girls Said 0