Do americans have standards when it comes to choosing a life partner?

Now look, i know some of these issues are in other countries as well but america seems to be the one on the news all the time, its people commenting and creating new words and organizations each day and fighting for rights that no one knew existed, so its safe to say that america is on the front leading a war it started or at least had a big part in, the genders war, so iam gonna ask you a simple question.

Do americans actually have standards when choosing a life partner?

i've been on this site for years and i've learnt many things and of course from movies and the news as well and it seems to me that American men have really low standards for a wife, if she is attractive and they are enjoying each others company and he's getting sex then she is by default wife material, he doesn't care how many men she has slept with, he doest care why she is with him, or what background she comes from , which needless to say is one of the reasons behind a high divorce rate.

As for American women, they seem to jump on any good looking, musculine guy who is desired by other women as well, they dont care if he pumps and dumps, or if he's a loser at life with no job or education and has a histoy of being a pretty irresponsible person, if he's hot and manly he's a catch.

i know iam generalising here but from where i stand it seems to be the case with every American man and woman, they dont take previous sexual partners, education or family of their bf/gf into consideration when commiting to a person which is why they've reached a point of social justice warriors, white knights and feminists and sky rocketing divorce rates.

• Yes
  • No
  • A minority does
  • The majority do

Most Helpful Girl

• Your absolutely correct about what your saying, and scientific studies are showing that more and more. But this is by default a thing all over the world, other than religious countries. I can tell that your really getting it. This was done on purpose to destroy the family unit and cause all these chaos. This is why I prefer the Bible teaching God had laid out for us:

1. Get married before you have sex.
    2. If you feel that you can't control your sexual desires, then get married.
    3. If your a virgin and you marry, then you didn't sin.
    4. Marry who you desire.
    5. Do what makes you both happy and it brings happiness to others.
    6. What is beneficial.
    7. There is no age limit when you can marry. Since 18 is the legal age, then marry as long as your 18+
    8. Marry somebody who you see being a spouse with and submitting to in obligation out of love with EVERYTHING!
    9. One person for life.

But the world wants to make it harder and difficult than marriage and life already is. They want to test every things sexually and experience everything thinking it will make them happy, and their becoming far more miserable. Doing everything wrong from the get go. I cannot live like that. Its too selfish. Again, this is more accepting in America, but its done everywhere you go. This is why you choose wisely for a life partner, before that person kills you and sucks the life out of you. Today they need the vows to be 'to we both use each other dry'. Because they do not take their vows seriously anymore. This is why good people are giving up on living, finding a spouse and getting married.

Most Helpful Guy

• American women standards are all superficial when it comes in picking a life partner hence they fail so hard in relationship. Girls either go for looks, or are heavily skewed towards being gold diggers and overlook traits that make a relationship last long term.

American men tend to have little to no standards. They'll take whatever pussy they can get these days.

What Girls Said 4

• standards? Im not sure anymore to be honest. If you look at the American culture right now its insane in its beleifs and standards of life. So I don't know. I know I do though. Im old school , the man i marry will be a man of real faith so i dont waist my time on guys who dont have it. We wouldn't have the same standards or morals.

• Tl;dr. Just as any country's citizens, some do, some don't.

• I say nay.

i guess the facts are more than enough of a proof that the dont

What Guys Said 4

• The guy who fuck lots of girls all the time end up having low standards for their wives, and these are probably the ones who get divorced and stuff.

• This American does!

• It doesn't seem like it. The only standards that most of the US has is fuck who you lust for. That's it!

• The majority do