Should I tell him how I feel?

So I have feelings for my best friend - I'm unsure whether to tell him or not. He would be quite a shy person but I think he feels similar about me. We are both single and would be fairly flirty with each other anyway.

Guys would you be horrified if a girl told you how she felt or would you prefer to make the first move?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, I'd be horrified if I didn't feel the same way because you risk ruining things. While it's not exactly the same, I've had many female co-workers talk about awkward situations where a male co-worker expresses feelings or interest in them at the workplace. They end up regretting ever being nice to the guy and actually feel a bit annoyed because they wonder why they can't be nice to someone without a guy taking it the wrong way.

Anyway, instead of telling him your feelings, what about setting up a more private date and seeing if things happen? Go to dinner and a late comedy act then invite him back to your place or something. Even if nothing happens, you very likely will get a feel for whether or not there are any reciprocated feelings here just by sitting close, leaning it, lightly brushing against him, etc. Guys can be pretty dumb, but he'll get the hint and will be able to either proceed or cut things off without an awkward discussion about his feelings.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd love a girl to tell me how she felt, it would be a huge relief for both of us if I felt the same way.
    If I didn't feeel the same way it would be a huge burden for both of us, with me constantly worried that the friendship is doomed to fail because she likes me and I don't feel the same way, and her constantly wondering why the girl I'm dating is "better" than her

• firstly I wouldn't be horrified, and go for it becayse guys and girls usually aren't best friend's at your age

• i only want the girl to make first moves, its how it actualy works. i never will make moves unless she tells me its ok to after getting to know her. so yeah go for it. no guy will ever be horrified. why would you think that?

What Girls Said 0