I met a "perfect guy" but I just can't fall in love with him! Why?

I met a guy that is "perfect", with a lot of qualities that I always wanted in a man: Handsome, respectful, loyal, romantic etc etc.
But I don't why I just can't develop feelings for him, even if I'm trying very hard to. I'm feeling guilty and frustrated because I think he is the kind of guy that has all the qualities for a excelent boyfriend and I can't feel anything for him. :(

And no, I don't feel attracted by douchebags or something like this, ok?

I just want to know why I can't fall in love with him. Does we didn't chose who we are going to fall in love?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes what you want isn't really wish you need, I think you fell more in love with the idea of a "perfect" guy instead of what you really need.

What Guys Said 20

• You are lacking the one thing in a relationship money can not buy, other than love. You lack chemistry with him.

• Too much like your father or big brother. This usually kills any sexual attraction to great guys like this.

• Maybe it's because of a fact that all men know and all women argue against; women have no fucking clue what they want or need and there's a serious ambiguity of definitions between want and need to women where they genuinely don't understand the difference.

• There may be other things about him that you don't find attractive or maybe you don't enjoy his energy or interacting much.

• I don't know, but sometimes the chemistry… the je ne sais quoi… it's just not there.

I was going to ask whether you're really more attracted to the "bad boy" cliche, someone who isn't perfect, takes risks, and always wants what he wants. But then I read your assertion about "douchebags". Is this what you mean?

This perfect guy… is he an acquaintance? Coworker? Friend of a friend? Could you spend some time getting to know him a bit better and see if something eventually sparks?

I met him on tinder and I started hanging on with him 2 months ago...

That's a long time. Perhaps he checks all the boxes on some list of what society says is perfect, but that's just not who is perfect for *you*. It's probably worth thinking about what kind of guy you really want. Good luck finding happiness!

• Because he is perfect, he doesn't have any issues or nothing that needs fixing hence you don't feel the need to live your own soap opera.

• Because
    A) you don't know what you want, or
    B) there's no chemistry

• attraction isn't a choice?

• Cause he's probably too "perfect"

• Perhaps you think he's too good for you?

• Because you don't deserve him, back to the trenches you bottom feeder.

• Because there is no such thing as a perfect guy. Maybe you should just follow your heart.

• No wonder I'm not swimming in women! I'm too perfect! =D

• Maybe because he is so busy being perfect that there isn't much else to him?

• lol i have to say badboys really turn up a girls feelings ;)

• Once heard a quote, "You only accept the love you think you deserve."

I think I deserve feel real love, not a warm feeling. So yeah, this makes sense.

• I can't believe you've rejected me. . .

😕

• ''And no, I don't feel attracted by douchebags or something like this, ok?''

Yea, if you say so.

• Because you're afraid of getting hurt

• You might be bored as he ticks all your boxes and there's nothing for you to work on

What Girls Said 3

• You can't ever force love. You can't force there to be a connection. Don't ever "try" to fall in love, you could regret being with this person later. Also trying to hard can prevent you from falling too. You need to stop trying to force it and stop overthinking it. Just be natural.

• I think subconsciously you are afraid of being rejected. Don't force your feelings for him but that would be so frustrating. honestly though I think you are just afraid of being rejected which is so common.

answer mine please? if you go to my account the one with does he like me one

• because he's not perfect for you
    you two just don't have the chemistry