How can making out in a car fog up windows?

I was making out with my boyfriend in the car this morning at like 1 am and it was because we were lost. the windows fogged up. I heard someone in the past say "oh yeah I made out with so and so and it fogged up the windows" I thought, " you are such a bull sh! tter". well it happened. how does making out make the car windows fog up so much? thanks in advance

Most Helpful Guy

• "I was making out with my boyfriend in the car this morning at like 1 am and it was because we were lost." Did you think that making out would help you find your way?

You are brething out hot, moist breath, and it hits the cold window and forms water.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao you didn't learn this in school?

What Guys Said 14

• Your breathing puts warm, humid in the air into the enclosed environment of your car. The air inside is warm enough to hold the excessive moisture. But if it's cooler outside, the humidity condenses on the cool glass. This is how air conditioning works, except cool coils take the place of the cool glass of the windows.

• Someone obviously failed chem

• Mother-fucking science!!!

• Raises the temperature inside the car and the windows are cold. Same reason the bathroom mirror fogs up after a shower

• Your bodyheat rises and the temperature difference between inside and outside the car causes condensation on the windows.

• the condensation in the air = love in the air = just that!

• Because temperature differences.

• Condensation in the air.

• It must've been cold outside

• Heat when it's cold out.

• Condensation, due to temperature differential between outside and inside. You can use an anti-fog.

• Its the car trying to say "get a room"

• Cause you guys are to hot for the windows

What Girls Said 1

• Because it gets hot inside and it's cold outside... Science.