Why do guys give subtle hints but do not approach?

There is this guy in my class and I swear he keeps dropping these hints that he likes me...
I'd like to think I'm not being overly sensitive or paranoid. BUT maybe I am.
Here, let me describe his actions (how I perceive it) :
1. He steals glances --I usually catch him looking at me.
2. When there is a chance, he would stand next to me or use equipments (for experiments) that are next to me when there are plenty of other ones elsewhere.
3. When he does stand/sit next to me, he tends to lean forward (usually pretending he's looking at his paper).

HOWEVER, he doesn't talk to me. He keeps on pulling these subtle moves and it drives me insane. I only see him once a week (class only meets once a week).

Do you think he likes me? Or am I just overreacting and there is actually nothing going on?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's shy. I'm similar too to this girl Im interested in. I look at her a lot, and I find her looking at me, but I'll never talk to her. Why? Because she's way too cute for a guy like me. She's probably taken anyways. I've stopped looking at her a lot and noticed she's looking at me more now. He probably things you're out of his league and won't approach.

Most Helpful Girl

• fear of rejection. just say hi to him. open the door for him and then u will know for sure.

What Guys Said 6

• Guys are conditioned at an early age by girls/women that rejection from them is more the norm than a neutral or positive response.

• Yeah I think he's interested in you. He might be shy or not sure if you like him. Maybe ask him out or start a conversation with him. You also can throw some big hints his way if you want him to approach.

• He expects you to initiate first. He's just too scared to talk to you.

• He might like you

• There are 3 types of people, Alphas. Beta and a mix of both.

• So in other words you've done all the exact same things and haven't talk to him?

What Girls Said 0