Takes forever to respond sometimes, choosing my battles?

The guy I'm dating says he is a terrible texter, where he won't look at his phone and he doesn't get any notifications. For me personally, I can see a couple hours, not really 6 or more, I never take more then 6 hours to text someone I care about back. He did say he should text me more and he has. One day though I went a whole day w/no texts from him and I politely let him know, he said he was sorry, that he was preoccupied. This wouldn't be a big deal, but we are doing long distance and I really don't want to be stuck in one sided relationship. I guess a good thing is that we always text good morning/night and he is willing to talk to me on Skype once or twice a week for more then an hour. Should I let this go? Am I making a big deal out of it?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are two sides to love. How you show love and how you feel love.

It is important that you both see how the other person shows love and to give them love the way they feel love.

If texting/communication is a way you feel loved, he needs to do that period.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys aren't into texting. My boyfriend and I aren't long distance but he works a crazy amount and has kids so I understand what you are saying regarding the communication and I only see my boyfriend once a week at most. This is just something you will have to learn to deal with. You have brought it to his attention that you did not like that so he is aware. But keep in mind that if he feels obligated to do something it might become something he feels as a chore rather then an enjoyment. Men don't feel the constant need to text every second of every day; they would prefer an hour phone call about your day rather then a 6 hour back and forth. Remember if he is communicating with you constantly he has nothing to look forward to when you Skype :)

True for sure, but at least w/your boyfriend, he has a lot of obligations. Yeah this guy works, but not a lot. I guess I am just trying to gauge his level of interest.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah let it go some poeple are just not texters. Several of my freinds are not. The girl that I like is not. I'm not really a texter either. If I don't know that I will need my phone it stays muted or I leave it at home.

What Girls Said 1

• Call him. Texting isn't for everyone.