Am I wasting my time waiting for him?

We have been together for a year and two months. He told me last week he wanted to take a break in our relationship. He said he needs to figure himself out because he's not happy and he doesn't know why. He has been through a lot this past year and almost lost his life in an accident. He was out of work for about 10 months. He still wantsome to hangout and do fun things he texts me every day still. He told me to give him a month. He told me to keep it in a relationship on fb and I'm still the wallpaper on his phone. Do you think he will come back to me? We have a trip to Mexico planned in February. I just don't want to be his safety net. I am going to use this time to take care of myself and make myself happy as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• If its only a month, than no you are not wasting your time. Hold him to the month though. If he is not ready, move on. If he figures himself out and you have not found someone else, than maybe give it another shot, but I would not wait more than the month.

So what is supposed to change during the month? You are not changing your status, you are still communicating, you are still hanging out. So what is changing?

Most Helpful Girl

• dont wait. Enjoy your life, have and be happy. Let me clarify; I don't mean leave him. I mean don't sit there being a sad puppy. If he comes he comes if he doesn't he doesn't. Don't depend your happiness on anyone. Social media and wall paper really... Don't depend on that for how he truly feels. He needs his space now... So give it to him! Just be happy, only have love for him and enjoy your life, regardless of the outcome.

What Guys Said 1

• if he wants a break I think u should leave period

What Girls Said 1

• :) just give it that month and go from there. Clearly there's still feelings involved and he's still involved in your life