Text someone but they didn't give you their number?

So I work at a fire/rescue house and am interested in a firefighter. He's going to medic school starting in a few days but Saturday was my last day seeing him. As I was talking with my friend who works career with him he asked if I wanted his number I said sure and want to talk to him but my friend said don't tell him you got his number from me. I really want to talk to him but am not sure since he didint give me his number if that would be awkward. What advice would you give if the question of who/how'd you get my number comes up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Call, don't text, and tell him the truth about where you got it and why you're calling. Simple, and the only real way to be straightforward and not creepy at all. Good luck. Got the balls?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him that you got it from someone else. "Whoever searches, finds"

What Guys Said 2

• It isn't so weird, a girl did that to me to and when I asked her where did you find my number she told me from a friend but promised them to not tell who they are. I didn't mind and kept texting and we dated

• Thats a little creepy, talk to him next time you see him

What Girls Said 0