Girls: Would you put "Mr. Right" on the back-burner and date around for fun when you're young?

Say you found a guy you really wanted to marry or you could see marrying... You're young, pretty, maybe you like to party a bit... would you go out with "Mr. Right" and date him right now, and hopefully go all the way... or would you date around for fun and try to keep him close for later when you're ready?

I don't think that's very nice or fair for the guy... but would you do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• well it depends what I wanted. if I don't want to settle down and still want to enjoy my youth then onto the backburner he goes. keeping him close would be selfish, but that's his fault if he sticks around. but if I did want to be with him at that time then I would stop partying and be with him, assuming he's who I wanted at that time. but if you're not ready then you're not ready. you can't just get serious with someone and fall in just because they want you to. it has to be the right time

• Well.. how would you handle the situation if you were to place him on the back-burner?

• your gonna end up with a jerk i can feel it lmao

• 25-29 age should tell you something lol.

What Girls Said 26

• Go with the "mr.right" ????

• I would date Mr. right a good man is hard to find so I'll be hold on to him very tight.

• I'd take him on the spot the moment I was certain I liked him and he liked me enough. I suck at dating, let alone dating around. I never got a date in my lifetime, and I don't even see a good reason to put a guy I like on hold.

• I'm sort of in the same situation but yes I'd do it. It sounds awful, but its true. I'm 19, met an awesome guy, I just never saw myself having one guy my entire life. I'm so sorry. If it's right, everything should work out between you two, in the end anyway. And yes, I would try to keep him close. It's kind of a sucky situation.

• If u pass him up, i have zero tolerance about any sadness or regret that may ensue

• No. If I found someone and they were mr. Right potential, I wouldn't let him go. Obviously he would have to jump through a couple hoops that'll help me figure if he's mr. Right but yah.

• Date around a bit to get some new experiences before settling for "mr. Right." It might be a little mean, but new adventures and stupid stories are good.

• Never, I wouldn't do that. You never low who he will meet when your dragging him on and then you will never know the amazing life you might have lived with him. If a girl does that to you, she's not worth waiting for.

• Noooooo

• If he's Mr. Right, I'm going to be around him every chance I get.

• I would rather mr right now

• No. I'm still basically a child but I don't intend on having an relationships "for fun."

• Absoultly not Yes i am still very young im only 17 but i have my common since. Any girl who does that is a thot

• I would date mister perfect from the start. Cause I don't want any other girl to snatch him from me

• Yep most likely when i was younger i thought like this

• No, because no one should be put second like that. No one just waits around for someone.

• In all honesty yes I would because I'm not much for settling down right away. Like I'm still young I don't want to settle now. I want to experience other things too.

• I put any and all men in the back burner until he FULLY proves himself

• Hel no. He'd be a priority

• if he's "Mr Right" he should also be "Mr right now", if you think he's the one you should claim him before the other girls get a taste

• But "Mr. Right Now" isn't always "Mr. Right."

Food for thought. Girls your age have no idea who the right guy is, no offense.

• I definitely wouldn't put him on the "back-burner" but if it happens and if it's meant to be I wouldn't try and fight it

• Trouble is, these days I feel that a lot of girls would. :/

• No! I'm wishing for mr.right!

• How guy show who he likes

• Well as a girl I'd tried playing around a lot but after a while got lonely and realized maybe I should try going for a good guy, and it was great I had just as much fun :)

What Guys Said 2

• how can they know it's Mr Right if they don't date him?