Girls/Guys, are you ok with your BF/GF being a "wingman" to a friend when they go out for girls/guys night?

Personally, I can't stand it! I feel like it gives them an excuse to flirt and that it could lead to iffy situations. But I want to hear some other opinions!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't allow it, something could happen and you don't want to take that risk.

What Guys Said 18

• When I'm a wingman, I don't flirt enough to even be noticeable. The whole point of being a wingman is to focus attention on your FRIEND, and NOT yourself.

THIS is a proper wingman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TeZR-2gIzQ

• hmmmm yeah it can lead to iffy situations. But anyways if your boyfriend tells you that he is doing that, i don't think you should worry. If he really did something bad, let me tell you that he would lie to you and not tell you about it.

• I think it's okay if my girlfriend goes with her girl friend and gives her a pep talk before she goes to meet a new guy. Or for my girlfriend to be there to make sure nothing happens to her girl friend.

I guess part of this comes down to your definition of "wingman". :)

• If you fully trust the person it shouldn't be an issue. There's nothing wrong with being a bro and helping someone. Again, that's assuming that he/she can be trusted not to do anything more than talking or flirting.

• I wouldn't be cool with it.

• ya id say its a big no go..

• I see nothing wrong with it. Even if she were to flirt with some guys its not like she doing it in front of me and rubbing it in my face. She's beautiful ik this. As long as she comes to me and not with anyone else I really don't mind

• I agree but if some ground rules were honored w/no excuses, this can be fun - otherwise, being stranded and/or stuck with a loser wasting my time.. is better spent resting up at home w/TV.

• My wife was the "wingman" for a friend when they went out to bars. Didn't bother me one bit. I trusted her completely.

• As a wingman I don't flirt. So I don't see a problem.

• sure i would love that

• I don't date club hos.

• Yes and no.

• Never had it, never needed it, and will never do it.

• If he flirts, he's being more than a wingman.

• Pre Selection

• LOL! I've tried to explain this to my girlfriend and her friends, but there is no "wingwoman" equivalent to a wingman. It's not that girls aren't capable--it's just that there is absolutely no need for one. A girl CAN be a wingwoman for a guy trying to pick up another girl (and in fact can be VERY effective for this) but there's absolutely no purpose for a wingwoman to assist a girl getting a guy.

Anyway, on the flip side, it shouldn't really be a problem if your guy is being a wingman. If he's doing a good job, picking up isn't what he's supposed to be doing anyway, so he's just focused on the assist.

• Wingpeople are not supose to flirt they are there for their friend only and to occupy the unknown person's freind. The only poeple flirting is the freind and the unknown's freind. Unless it is a double date then if they are in a relationship they should not be doing a date.
    O a wingman's job is to also occupy the sister of the girl that your freind likes. Or in other words separate them a bit. Other wise they are just there to make sure their freind actually asks the girl out.

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't care if my guy is out being a wingman. Most of the time, wing people are there to diverge unwanted attention from the target, or to make it seem like the pursuer isn't a complete and utter loser. They're there to help. Plus, it counts as "a night out with a guys." 😉

• Since when does the wingman flirt? I always thought it was the person that was there for moral support

Nope. At least not in the cases I've dealt with. It's someone who talks to/entertains the friend of the person their friend is talking to.

Apparently all my wingman experiences have been vastly different.

Apparently so

• Wingmen don't flirt. Much anyways. It's all about talking their friend up, not themselves.

Not in my experience

Oh, I didn't know we were talking about two people, and one being distracted. It is usually just one person in my experience. The wingman still doesn't have to flirt. Just have a normal conversation.

Yes, sorry, I guess I didn't make my definition of wingman clear. And you're right, he/she doesn't HAVE to flirt. But in my experience that's usually what ends up happening.

• No way am I ok with it

• I'm usually the wing woman, but not by choice.