It's been 3 months and I haven't met his daughter?

I've been dating this guy for 3 months. He has already met my baby girl but I have yet to meet his daughter! Am I rushing things or am I just not worthy enough to him to meet his daughter? I've asked to meet her and he said I could, but every time he has her he never invites me to hang out with them. I understand that he needs alone time with her, and I'm more than happy to give it to them, but I would like to at least be introduced to her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its only been 3 months. Give it time.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but then again it's only been THREE months, its really not that long and perhaps the mother of his child isn't extremely comfortable if she's in her life. Or it could just be a wrong time and the time he spends with her he just can't get enough, give it time, especially if he's sharing custody.

What Guys Said 5

• then you have NOT graduated to "keeper" status
    betting you are giving sex - if so, he is "needing" sex with you and time with her and these worlds should not collide

to be fair, if the ex is a shrew, then MORE brimstone rains down on him with reports from daughter about the competition (for her love) = you/others
    ... also hoping he's not sexing you while still trying to rekindle sex/more with ex...

• Depends on the age, how long he has been single, family situation.
    When I first started dating, I would not introduce anyone to my boys for at least 3 months. And They were 16 and 15 at the time. So if it is younger, the longer I would wait.

• I think at 3 months - He should be crossing that bridge

• how old is his daughter? i ask because meeting your baby is not the same as you meeting an older girl who may have more emotional needs

• Don't push it. It's still early. He may sense that you are pressuring him.

What Girls Said 13

• With 'He needs alone time with her,' he also may be Preparing her in his own Sweet Way... To be introduced to her.
    Give this some time. I see the First baby Steps of you both Building a Healthy Foundation, and with you having Allowed him to meet 'My Baby Girl,' I am quite sure it will Happen when he is Ready To.. Explain You to Her. He isn't quite Prepared for this yet.
    Let it go for now. And of course, no harm when you are Holding your Little One's Arm, when he Sees the love to Say, "Wouldn't it be Nice if all of Us could Go on a Picnic One Day?"
    It's never Easy for Anyone, hun, who has Kids and are Single to Get In to a Real Relationship, much less Two to Tangle with with the Other who is this Father or Mother. You have Accomplished A Lot in just '3 months' time.
    Good luck. xx
    Good luck and Rome was Never Built in One day. xx

• Don't stress over it. I have a son and here is what I feel when I think about introducing him to my SO.
    What if he doesn't like my son?
    What if they get really attached to one another and it doesn't work out?
    What if they get really attached to one another and my son accidentally calls him dad?
    What if he thinks I should put my mother duties on hold for him?
    There are so many things that go through my mind that it has made it almost impossible to even agree to a date... Just let it ride out until he is ready. And it could be that he and his ex had an agreement that they wouldn't bring their daughter around current SOs until they had met them or until the daughter gets old enough to understand.

As far as agreement with the mother goes, he should mention that at least.
      But with the rest, I ask, what about if they don't get along, your kid doesn't like him or he realis he can't raise someone else's child... Would it not be better to know sooner?

Genuinely asking. I have no kids so.

@bbch25 honestly I don't know how to respond to those. Like the fear of them getting too close and then it not working out is the one that I fear the most and is the main reason why I don't want to introduce them. The other questions are just ones that I think about

• You are rushing things. You can't just introduce your kids to every girlfriend you get (looking at it from his perspective)... That'll confuse them and it's not healthy. Just relax and wait.

• Wayyyy too soon. Slow down.

• Honestly there's a few things and i think you jist need to consider them.
    A lot of people want to make sure that the relationship is going to fully work before introducing their kids to someone.
    He may be trying to keep being able to see his child. Baby momma may be one of those crazy ones that when she hears he's seeing someone goes off the deep end.
    He may be getting the child used to the idea daddy is seeing someone.
    There could be a milliom explenations for it, if he says he would like you to meet his child then just sit back and wait. He knows when the time is right, dont push it.

• You are rushing things. It's really not healthy for children to meet e flurry of their parents romantic interests. While you and he may be committed to each other, he's more committed to his little girl. Respect his timeline.

• I did not introduce my boyfriend to my kids for 6 months... and they are grown.

• Still sounds early to me. How old is he and how old is his daughter? He may want to let her mother know a bit about you first. If I had a child, I would not bring my new SO around my child until I told my baby's father first.

• Considering it's his daughter I would say you're probably rushing things. If he wanted you to meet her you would be meeting her, give it time.

• You are talkin just like "Why didn't he introduce me to his parents? Maybe he doesn't want to marry me? What am I gonna do? That fucking ass hole I will immediately kick his as to mars"

• It's too soon

• It's 3 fuckin months. I'd definitely not be impressed with a guy who introduced me to his kid so quick. He's gotta know it's forever or as long as possible before he does that, so he doesn't just introduce loads of girls to his kid. After 3 months, you won't know that.
    And as a mother, I would never let any guy I'm dating around my daughter til I know we're in it for the long haul. I do not want my daughter to be meeting this guy and that guy who mummy is dating. Even if he's there for 3 years, then a new man for another 3 years, I still wouldn't want my daughter living like that. It needs to be definitely somebody who I know is 100% down, and like I said, after 3 months you can't know that.

Like at least wait a couple more months. And obviously this doesn't definitely mean he's not in this relationship how you are, he could just be being careful. You won't know unless you ask him.

How old are your kids? If he's ready, can you guys arrange a play day for them, or a fun day out? I think the relationship he has with the mother is also a big factor in what he does. Like if she's difficult and will try to stop him seeing his kid because he has a new girlfriend (some mothers do that) then he might be keeping it secret or something.

• How old is she he may be iffy because he doesn't want to confuse her.