Why doesn't anyone show interest in me?

So like I feel kind of ridiculous asking this question but I'm really lost. I would consider myself ambitious, attractive, funny (for the most part), and very caring. I'm going to college to become a nurse practitioner and I feel happy with every aspect of my life except for love. I haven't had a guy show interest in me since sophomore year of high school. I'm 6ft tall and I'm always worried that guys are scared of my height and find me intimidating or masculine or something (a little childhood taunts haunting me I suppose). No one asking for my number, asking me on a date, or even telling me that they are interested in me. I don't know, I'm busy and have a great life of my own developed and I'm very independent (happy to eat alone or watch a movie alone) I have hobbies, I exercise regularly, but I'm tired of not having anyone to share my life with. Any attempts to start a relationship with a guy have been very one sided from me and fizzled out quickly. Like, what's a girl supposed to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Busy life, happily independent, are deal breakers for some guys. Guys don't approach girls they know is going be a quickie. Gotta make yourself available. If I were ask you if you got time for me get to know you ( though it's online) would you bothered? It's how you put yourself out there. Guys think about stuff that makes us not approach you such if you got a man or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmmm... You seem to be happy with yourself and at peace! Which is a good place to start from! Honestly, I'd try flirting a bit more, and it sounds like you're going for the wrong type of guy, so I'd try looking for different types of guys! Try flirting in texting kinda early on but NOT immediately! Or he'll think that you're only in it for the sex. Show him that you're interested, but also that he'll have to do a bit of work trying to get you. Your problem might be that you're too available. Too much availability is unattractive. You have to show him that you're strong and independent, and make him want a piece of you and not the other way around! Good luck in finding someone :) don't worry if it doesn't happen right away! Remember, only one person is meant for you, so it might take a little while to find them! :)

What Guys Said 4

• Is your sense of fashion attractive and subtly seductive? Work on your wardrobe and go places where people that share your interests hangout... you can always try initiating conversation

I mean, I think that my fashion is good. I have all the basics, well fitting and some that are a little revealing. Im really not that shy, I talk to guys, I'm friends with most people that I meet. I just don't know, I'm great at making myself sound cool, but there must be something wrong, lol.

• Some guys will be put off by your height, that's true. I have found that taller guys, or guys who are exceptionally secure in themselves, won't care or might even like it. I had a friend from HS who LOVED tall girls, and I personally have dated a girl who's 6' tall. You can look at dating websites or apps, those are easy enough. But the big thing is just don't give up hope. :-)

Thanks! I try not to give up hope! My older brother days I need to wait until some of the guys I'm around grow up a little bit because I am definitely not a "go out to parties, one night stand girl." I like would rather play video games or watch a movie than go out to bars.

Yes, that will definitely play into it. Or look at older guys (not insinuating anything) who are also generally not into the whole partying thing.

• If there is an attractive girl in my class, the only reason I wouldn't approach them is if they are unapproachable. It is important to reciprocate during an initial conversation so you don't seem stuck up. If a girl doesn't smile when I make a mild joke, I'll assume they aren't interested or have a boyfriend. If you don't reciprocate in a conversation, he will probably feel like he's being a creep if he pursued any farther, since, you know, you guys are basically strangers.

Yeah I mean I try to reciprocate in conversations, I think that I do. It's difficult to know exactly how I come off to people but I think it's in a good way. I have a lot of guy friends, they just never persue anything more.

• A lot of women are unapproachable

What Girls Said 0