How to know if your ready to settle down?

I'm dating a guy who is 28 I'm turning 22. He's at the point in life where he wants to settle down and start a family. And I'm all for starting a family but I'm not so sure on getting married at 22. The other thing that makes it hard is the fact that we work at the same fire and rescue station together. I really do like him and care about I just don't wanna let him down or hurt him.

Most Helpful Guy

• You kind of just know, usually when you're at a stable lifestyle and job you feel good at but at 22 it's a little early but not to far off but it's really how you feel in life

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this is an individual thing. I was ready at 20, some not so much until late twenties... everyone is different, both psychologically and maturity. If you have to ask, chances are you "are not 100% sure. My best advice. Have this discussion with him. Be honest. Ask for some time and patience, if he truly loves you, he will understand. Best thing, keep lines of communication open. Don't ignore it and then be hurt when he goes away, tackle the subject head on and know where you stand! Best of Luck

What Guys Said 2

• Just dive in and marry him. Stop being scared. You don't want to be 33 and single, when all the good catches are gone. If you're not careful, you'll end up 28 and pregnant to some guy who bails.

• If you're doubting. Hold off for just a little bit longer.

Once, you start feeling ready, you'll know 100% you want to settle down.

What Girls Said 2