When finding someone to marry do guys care if a girl is super smart or not?

I am not super dumb... I guess I'm just not too good at studying...

I'm talking more about the girl's profession. Like are guys attracted to girls with stellar academic backgrounds who hold high positions?

I am a college student now (at a top ranked uni)... but my GPA sucks lol (quite below 3.0). I do plan on applying to med school... but I'll probably have to go through lots of extra steps to get there since I'm not as smart as the other applicants. I just wonder if guys find this unattractive (especially those who are successful).

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, intellect isn't the most important feature when looking for a potential mate, although it is nice to be able to hold a conversation with somebody on topics that don't directly pertain to social media. You don't have to be a scholar to be smart, most college students are too focused on trying to get by to have time to worry about whether you are as smart as them or not, don't sweat what others think, focus on yourself. if studying is your problem, you should try to seek different study methods, and additional motivation. Something that will remind you of the reason why you are in college and busting your butt in order to be able to attend med school.

Most Helpful Girl

• i hate studying, but i love learning.

educated is not the same thing as intelligent. however, i am not attracted to someone who's lazy, willfully ignorant, and can't be bothered to improve him or herself. thankfully, you sound ambitious and like you have goals... which will definitely help your cause, both in the dating world and beyond.

What Guys Said 20

• Here is a shocker. Most people judge others by how well they do in school.

However, some people are good at cramming a lot of info for a test and passing it the next day with flying colors. Some people study their butts off and struggle.

The difference is some people test well while others don't.

Find your friend for life. Share your world together. Forget this childish crap people do to judge others as it really does not matter to those who do matter.

" Here is a shocker. Most people judge others by how well they do in school. "

I would say never underestimate smart person regardless of their age. Examples? Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates and so on. Even tho they did not finished University, they were able to create the popular services and devices which bring them billions of dollars. The end result is that you don't judge person by their grades. It's just some stupid shit which nation have come up with and not everyone is able to pull it over and get a good grade or like to spend their time in more useful ways. In this case I would say that Grades vs Ability is not the same thing and makes sense.

• Not at all! I am dumb sometimes too. Happens to the best of us. I'd 100% rather you be a super nice caring person rather than a super smart narcissistic person. There are a lot more important things than being super smart, just average intelligence is fine, and you're clearly above that if you're going to apply to med school. Don't worry about it!

• It was more important when I was younger, but not as important as I get older. I had big career aspirations and I used to be dismissive of women if they did not have similar goals or if they were submissive or whatever. But as you get older, you sort of get more and more accepting of people so today, it wouldn't matter one bit.

By the way, I married a girl with a Ph. D. in Biomolecular engineering from UCLA. Biggest regret of my life! ;-)

• Love is about being with someone who makes you feel comfy, cosy and proud. Other factors like money, education, occupation are mere small factors which dont matter much. Guys seek girls they like personality wise, they dont straight go analyzing if a girl is super smart.

• As long as she is around average or higher. No dumb girls. Beyond that, I don't really care if she is super smart or not. If that's what she labels herself as, she's probably dead average. Her GPA doesn't matter to me, she should just have some sort of plan, college or not, to support herself.
    I'm not remotely attracted to women who are high up in companies, it does nothing for me. I can't fuck a career.

• Well it's a bit more complicated because mannerisms are important and if someone is stupid then that is inherently obvious through the way they talk, apply intonation and volume. They're generally socially oblivious and shout at people like those drunken idiots on the streets.

• www.court-records.net/.../miles-shrug(d).gif

Grades doesn't determine how smart a person is (although there is some correlation). It's more about how she is a person. Her attitude towards things and her opinion on certain aspects of life. That matters most to me.

• It is not something I have thought about - It is all part of the package for me and I would not be surprised to be with a woman of any academic level.

• Ooohh.. a C average med student. I want you for my doctor!

Hahaha. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I hate studying. Despise it. This is why I just jumped into the workforce as pursuing a degree. But to answer your question, some intelligence is nice... which you seem to possess. What's even more appealing is drive to better herself in whatever regard she chooses. Being complacent is not acceptable.

• When I consider someone a life-long partner, I would like her to be intelligent and smart.

I do not care for academic scores or business successes though, as they are not a sign of intelligence but performance alone. And performance without intelligence is the worst partner I could get. So I can never allow performance to be an indicator of a good partner.

• I love smart. I want a girl I can talk to for hours and still be interested in what she has to say.

• If you can hold a conversation and I don't have to constantly explain things then you're fine. If you have at least average intelligence the vast majority of men will not have a problem. I don't think anyone will doubt your intelligence when you are applying to med school.

• Guys who care too much to marry only super smart girls will marry super smart girls only. But guys who don't care much about this super smart quality in girls will go for beauty and personality. So if you are not so smart , try to be as attractive as possible with a pleasing personality.

• As a guy, I would say I look more for intelligence rather than how high a degree, or job someone has. Just because a girl has a prestigious job such as a doctor or lawyer, certainly indicates she is academic in one area, though not all.

I may be one unique opinion, but one's intelligence shouldn't be concluded by their job. There's girls out there who are hairdressers, but smart enough to be at medicine school, but they just followed their passion and that is what is most attractive about a girl and what she does, that she is passionate and loves her daily life.

Dad=does she do good in studies
      Mum= she must have a good personality then smart second.

• No. My dad is brilliant and my mom is barely literate. She was a dancer and he's a doctor. My dad told me to marry a happy woman, not a smart woman. He's very wise.

What do you mean by barely literate?

My dad told me to marry a happy woman, not a smart woman. He's very wise.

lmao, why would you not marry a smart woman, is there any reason behind it?

@SpinningDude69 Not particularly. It's not that being smart as in educated is bad, it's just not that important.

• Well it would help. Parents should be on the same level when it comes to responsibility of their child and financial matters.

• I would want someone who wasn't dumb no offense.

• I don't particularly mind. Smart isn't UNimportant, it's just less important than other characteristics. Like loyal, attractive, kind and fun-loving. For some girls (not all) focusing too much on "being smart" makes them less fun-loving and kind. So that's where it actually hurts in terms of attractiveness.

• What I have heard from couple of people is that mostly girls are "dumb" and you need to find the less dumb one, I mean I don't agree with it and find it a total BS but that's what some guys says, lmao.

• I bet more guys will be concerned with your notch count level, not your iq level.

What Girls Said 0