Is it a bad sign if they don't text you within 24 hours after a date?

Do you guys follow the 3- day no texting rule?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't read too much into it, but if you don't hear from him in 2-3 days then text him.

I hate the texting rules where you have to find the balance of not coming on too strong but not being too distant. It's like if you both like each other and had a great time, text each other.

You don't gotta blow up someone's phone but I don't have patience for this "you gotta wait to text me long enough to the point where I think you're gonna leave me otherwise you're needy or too available" get the fuck outta here.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no real rule despite what people say.
    It obviously depends on too many variables... But after 24 hrs, I'd be like "hmmm?" & give him another 24 hrs. ... then I'd be getting slightly concerned (& prob end up texting him) ... but if he hasn't after 72 hours, I'd upgrade ur concern to threat level orange.

What Guys Said 13

• possible he is doing that. lol

• I hate any no texting rules because they are just dumb and it's like playing games. If you like someone you should be able to talk to them whenever

• I don't think one can make a general statement on that, some people don't like texting whereas others text themselves nuts :o
    If you like to hear from him don't hesitate to do it yourself, he'll probably answer with a big smile that you can't see :D

• No. Usually yes, a guy that really wants to see you again will text you back the next day, but things happen. He could text you back days after. You just can't read too much into a text message.

• He might not want to seem clingy. But everyone is different. Personally, I text the next day. I don't know about a three day rule.

• Women can text too..

• Lol I didn't know of that "rule"
    There's no specific rules in my book. Eveyrone has their own

• I have my own rules, if she doesn't like it then that sucks for her doesn't it?

• No. If the guy isn't dating the girl but is interested he must always maintain the confidence within himself.
    I would say for a guy should text, at least wait a day so he won't seem too desperate.
    The guy should also seem like he has options and that the woman he desires isn't the only thing that is going on in his life, even if that may be the case at that point in time.

• I don't think so and it depends... what if he has met something make him unable to text back? Better check out... And I don't believe in such rules, just being herself is what I'm expecting from a girl whenever I meet a girl... so it should apply vice-versa too...

• After a date, It sounds bad.

We don't follow the 3 day rule these days, especially after a date.

I always text after, or the girl texts me... See if we had a good time, or let me know she's not into me... This is right after or maybe the next day if its late.

• I do:

• This is so ridiculously formulaic.

HERE'S HOW DATING SHOULD WORK:
    1. be yourself

... that's it

What Girls Said 9

• Its not the end of the world. People live busy lives as well. But I will say that it is irresponsible to at least try to maintain contact. If your interested in another date, say something and text them back. Otherwise while you thinking that he is not interested in you, he will think your not either. Don't let miscommunication destroy a good potential relationship. You want something done, you have to initiate it.

• From my personal experience, all guys I've been on successful date withs, contacting me again within 24 hours.

However, I don't think it's a 100% rule. There is exceptions.

• I think some of our problems in a relationships comes from following "rules". Every time I've done that I've had problems. dont be a doormat but the guy should know you like him. Take it from me, games end up with a winner and a loser.

• I usually thank them after the date with a text
    like thanks for a good time or so
    or they do it before me

• You could text him saying you had a nice time and thank him. with a cute Bimoji

• Have you texted him?

Maybe he's waiting for you to text him or perhaps you're waiting for him to text you?

You both might be waiting 3 days till one of you finally does!

I don't think there's an actual 'rule' for instances like this! Just text him if you had a good date and wait for the text back.

• Not at all. They could be freaking out thinking they need to stick to the three day rule, their friends may have gotten in their ear about being to keen.

Give it a few days, they may be busy!!

• Yes bad sign.

• Yes, really bad. When we're dating my boyfriend text me the night for saying me goodnight and to tell me he lied our date and wanted another too