What does his contradiction mean?

I've been dating a guy for a few months and the relationship talk recently came up and he told me that he doesn't want me to be with anyone else. Then went on to say that he's not going to deny he has feelings for me, he just doesn't want to get serious and fuck it up because he doesn't want to hurt me. That contradiction alone tells me that he doesn't want to be in a relationship with me but I would like some opinions on the situation please. Thank you very much :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Were you two just friends before? If not he should not be worried about hurting you. He is most likely worried about getting hurt himself but that is a bad way to try to prevent that. Now he is more likely to hurt you and himself by stalling and not getting into a relationship.
    Can you tell us a bit more about the situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not going to like what I have to say. The guy is spouting complete BS. I dated a guy for a month, we were going to LD, but after he left things changed. I felt the change and I pressured him into telling me the truth. He pretty much said the same thing this guy is telling you. He didn't want to be my boyfriend, but was extremely resentful when I said I would be seeing other guys.

At 1st I wanted to remain loyal, but after a few days w/no contact from him, I put up my online profile. I am currently seeing someone else and I haven't really heard from this guy since July. The new guy is like night and day, we are taking things slow, but he isn't telling me the same type of BS. This guy wants to hold you on a string as back up, so that if he doesn't find someone he will have you. Don't waste another second on this guy. If someone wants a relationship w/you, they will not tell you these things.

Thank you for your honesty and help. I hope it works out for you with the new guy.

Thanks and good luck w/everything. Better to find a guy who is fully committed vs a guy who is unsure and will bounce back and forth. This kind of behavior will mess w/your feelings because every day you will wonder if he is into you or not.

What Guys Said 2

• there is no contradiction... he has told you quite clearly where he is at. i think you just want to rush him and if you do that then you risk pushing him away

• is he the jealous type? do you like him? is there chemistry?

What Girls Said 1

• he wants to play the field, but expects you to remain loyal to him.

i would gtfo immediately; if he really cares about you as much as he says, he'll come to you.